FANTASTIC Friday

iVillage Member
FANTASTIC Friday
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:29am

Let's hear about how Fantastic today currently is or is going to be... ;)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 6:34am

Good morning! I just got home from the gym. 2 miles (not at 100 yet....) and weights. Feeling awesome:) Today is going to be fantastic because I am going to see "One For The Money" with some friends this evening. I have been reading the Stephanie Plum series for years and I can't wait to see the movie! :)

This morning, I need to hit the bank and the gas station. Then, I am taking the kiddos to an indoor play area. Should be a fun day for all. I am watching my friend's son who doesn't nap so no break for me today. It will be ok though. I'll probably let Caleb stay up today so they can play:)

Hope everyone is having a FANTASTIC day!!!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 7:22am
Good day running friends! Fantastic is really pretty much a stretch, but just for you, Ria, I'll give it a shot! Patrick is home, in too much pain for anything. I slept with him last night and he seemed okay, but he was actually in tears this morning so I just let him stay home. I don't know what I'll do as a workout. I wound up actually having a cold yesterday - morphed into chills, body ache, etc. but DH and I ran anyway and afterwards although my cold symptoms were worse I felt emotionally better. I'm still sore from doing jillian 2 days ago. Lorie, dang physics. Patrick just had to switch this marking period from advanced geometry to regular because he was actually in danger of failing. Kelly couldn't be more sympathetic about your plight with physics since she's going thru the same thing. She is so confused so doesn't even know what she doesn't know. Big hugs, honey. Amy, sorry about food poisoning :(. That's nasty. I'm glad you're better already, though. Tess, enjoy? the snow. We haven't had any here and frankly I'm pretty happy about that. I'm glad you got your cookies before the storm hit! Val, I guarantee that you playing a song on the fiddle would make me feel better ;). I give you credit for undertaking something new and challenging like that! Can I just say "Go Giants!". Love, mo

mo 7-18-10

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 7:59am

Morning ladies!

DH and I ended up at Red Lobster after work yesterday, we had some gift cards to use up. Needless to say, I ended up feeling sick to my stomach when I went to bed last night....don't think I'll ever go there again. I still was able to get my 5 miles, albeit slow, but I still did them.

~~ Valerie

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 8:01am
My fantastic Friday is just getting started. Can you say "Personal Day?". The boys have off of school so we are headed to the dentist, then going snowtubing after lunch. Then DH and I are going out to a party for his work. Haven't been out without kids in a long time.

Mo I hope you feel better!

Maria have a great time tonight.

Karen. I hope Cam's stomach has settled !
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 8:50am
I just ran 2 miles; it felt long. I have swim lesson with Catherine at 10:00, so I need to get a shower and get ready for that. I am just eating something quick right now.

We have family drama, my fam this time. I will spare you the details, but needless to say, it was not a good way to end a day that started out with me getting my physics quiz back to see of 4/10. At least I knew that was coming, but the family stuff - not so much. I guess I should have though. There are some issues with Heather, and not only are my parents involved, so are my sister and BIL all the way in the UP - really people.

So, anyway, after swim, I need to try to get ready for next week's bio and physics tests. I also need to start cleaning the house for the super bowl company we're having.

Have a good day everyone.
Maria - again, I appreciate your optimism; it helps me to view the day in a different light, or to try to at least

Mo - I hope Patrick feels better, and I hope you do too

Val - oooh, Red Lobster, jealous!

Jen - have fun tubing

lorie6-26-09.png Lorie 6-26-09 picture by runningwomen

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:09am

Good morning! Got 3 miles in this morning. I'm working until 1p., then headed to Dallas for a girls' weekend with some friends that I usually only get to see once a year. Yay! Shopping, eating, surprise baby shower...should be fun. (and thankfully, this is a cutback week, so I only have to fit in a 5k distance sometime before Monday).

((((Lorie)))...I wish I could do more than send you virtual hugs; but know I'm thinking about you!

You too, Mo. I hope Pat starts to feel better today. Glad your run yesterday did good things for you.

Jen - yay for personal days! Have fun with the boys, and on the going-out-with-hubby tonight.

Maria - I have to ask....Joe or Ranger? :smileywink:

Val - sorry about the unpleasant Red Lobster.

Tess - I have to comment on your cookies yesterday...it reminded me of what my friend Nicole and I did before the hurricane this summer, which was go to the store to stock up on "essentials" -- chocolate, chex mix ingredients, tortilla chips, candy, beer and wine. :smileywink:

Have a great day!

~Amanda

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:29am

I would say my day will be Fantastic (or at least I hope).

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:32am
Good morning Ladies. I'm going to run later, hopefully. It's always harder in a house full of people. I missed yesterday in the insanity. Feeling sloggy.

The snow is ridiculous and it's just beginning. We are expecting the worst today.

Ria, Have a great time tonight. We are movie freaks in this house.

Mo, I'm sorry Patrick is still feeling this pain. How much longer is this supposed to last? (I'm assuming we are talking about his hips still? This is awful and you would think they would give him something a little stronger than Advil. If only for those moments when he just can't stand the pain :( ) Sorry about your cold, too. You and your poor sinuses...

Val. eww. Red Lobster did not go over well, huh? Sorry Love. Well, maybe you can write a fiddle song about the tragedy of it all. "Gloom, Despair and Agony on Me!" Oh, wait, someone already wrote that. You fools probably have no idea what I'm talking about. young folks. all a you.

Jen. Ahh, the personal day. Don't bother me. I'm in my head...

Amanda, have a GREAT TIME!!!

Lorie, I'm SO sorry about the family drama. It's really your turn you know. We've all had it and shared it with you. You've been the only normal one. But in all seriousness, so sorry It's no fun. Let us know if we can help and remember, you do a great job. Don't let them bring you down.

Here's a moment of reality for me folks. That Iran stuff that's happening? Alex is right in the thick of it. Just like we all expected. So if we could just keep the situation in our P's and T's that would be awesome. Thanks!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:42am
First, can i just say i love when i'm on my "real" computer. I've never seen Amy's cute family because I don't see pics when i post on my iphone or from my work computer.

My friday isn't fantastic, but it's not horrible either. Cam barfed last night at bedtime, and then again at 3 am, so i'm home with him today. He is in pretty good spirits and hasn't yakked today yet, so i'm housecleaning and finding the stuff to do my taxes so i can get some moolah. I really hope i dont catch his bug. Also, i hope the neighbors dont bring me a trophy for "white trash neighbor" of the year. Cam's mattress is on top of john's car under the car port because we just didn't have it in us to deodorize & sanitize it last night. We mopped it up and now i need suggestions on how to get the mattress back to normal. Help?!

Julia will be home at 3:00 and i'll go run my 7 miler then. It seems sunny & is supposed to be about 40 today.

Maria--my coworkers are really into that series too, and find it funny now that they are selling the book at sam's club.
Mo--let patrick know that i couldn't even handle regular geometry until 12th grade. I stink at math! i hope he feels better.
Val--when you said you were going to run after consuming all that, i knew it wouldn't be good. pina colada + biscuits + alfredo = bad run & bad tummy ache.
Jen--i LOVE a personal day! have fun tubing! i'm going to message you about hanging out. my dd keeps hounding me.
Lorie--not sure what your family issues are...but if it has anything to do with how you're helping with heather...just remind them that they could take on this enormous task anytime they're ready. :)
Amanda--have fun in TX! it sounds like it's going to be a blast!
Amy--i see you're looking forward to tax time as well! I've already spent part of mine when i charged the movers and my new couches on a CC. I'll spend the rest on vacation in the summer, put some away for x-mas, and i always put some in the kids' accts for college.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 9:47am

Good Morning!

Photobucket

Pages