I farted in front of my new boyfriend :-/

iVillage Member
I farted in front of my new boyfriend :-/
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 9:15am

Ok so, last night my new guy and I fell asleep after wine, beer, and a really rich meal. Everything was great last night-the sex, the talk, the company. This morning, while we're both slowly waking up (you know, when you open your eyes, and then close them again) I caught him looking at me (in a loving sort of way). I smiled at him, and closed my eyes again.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 10:50am

I hope in a little while you are able to find the humor in this :) I've been with my boyfriend seven years and while it is always going to be embarrassing to fart in front of one another (never on purpose), every human being on earth understands that it happens sometimes and you just can't help it. Your boyfriend is NOT going to dump you because you farted!

I went in for a goodbye kiss and he turned his cheek (maybe it was because of both of our morning breaths, right?).

Yeah, I don't do mouth-kisses before brushing my teeth either. This whole thing will... Blow over (lol) soon

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 11:17am

If you got up & were doing your morning routine, why didn't you brush your teeth?

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 1:26pm
We weren't up and around yet. We were in bed and when we both really woke up, he left to go back and get ready at his place because he had a class to teach this morning.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 3:43pm

Ha!

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 4:50pm

I think you are taking this way to serious.

What I would have done at the moment - with a laugh in my voice is say "OMG, I am sorry - get out of bed fast!" Its no big deal - and if he actually was disgusted (which I don't think he was) then you don't want to be with him.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2012 - 11:03pm
Ah, forget it, you think he doesn't do it, too? Everybody on earth does, mine has done it in his sleep so loudly it wakes me up, and it doesn't wake HIM up. As a matter of fact, my DH thinks there is nothing funnier than a fart joke, or two, or ten! He will barely crack a smile at jokes I find hilarious, but he'll nearly fall on the floor in tears at a fart joke. Since I've seen the same thing in many guys, I have to think your guy isn't going to base your relationship on one little quiff. Or ten! Let it go...worry about the big stuff.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-16-2012 - 1:38am
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 10:50pm
I think it depends on the guy. If it were me in that situation, I wouldn't care if you farted. Everyone farts. I was raised in an atmosphere were farting was just like drinking water. Both are normal things done on a daily basis. So the kiss on the cheek vs the mouth maybe attributed to morning breath.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 3:40pm

Girl... just wait. He'll be paying you back in spades in no time LOL

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 3:19pm
Depending on how long you two have been together, I'm sure he didn't care that it happened if he has any sensibility about himself to think "everybody does it." {It has to be done or otherwise your stomach would be in knots} If you are still feeling uncomfortable about it, sit down, discuss and apologize for what happened because eventually he's going to have to do it. No matter how long you are together, the fact of flagellation is according to what you have eaten~it's still going to be an embarrassing situation. . .

Pages