Study Finds People More Tolerant of Interracial Marriages

iVillage Member
Study Finds People More Tolerant of Interracial Marriages
Thu, 02-16-2012 - 12:37pm

I think this is great!

iVillage Member

Since I live in India the situation is much different, I wouldn't say people have really warmed up to the idea, especially if it is their son suddenly announcing that he has a white girlfriend he very much loves and intent to marry, my story is not much different than the story of a lot of "gori" (fair skinned women in hindi, a term used to describe white women).

What I noticed though is that a few years ago we would be constantly stared at and we lived onl in big cities, but things evolved quite fast, and it is far less of a big deal now, and I don't get that much staring anymore. Now I know should we be living in a small town or the country side it would have been a much different story and still would be.

As a white lady living in India I still face many ridiculous stereotypes regularly :(

Powered by CGISpy.com

My Adventures

Community Leader

I met a wonderful man in Africa that I am going to go back and marry and quite likely stay there with him.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Welcome Linda :)

I moved across the world for love myself :) I know how exiting it is, I've been living in India for 8 years because of it, my husband's family is fine with