Crying for no reason?

iVillage Member
Crying for no reason?
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 2:45pm
Hey ladies!
Is anyone else's baby crying for no reason? It's been a week and a half where Isaac will have these screaming crying jags for absolutely no reason. No wet diaper, just fed, tried gas drops and teething gel... Nothing distracts him, not toys, his swing, nothing. It's honestly like he's just plain ol having a tantrum.
Any thoughts?
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 4:50pm
My daughter had a couple days of that. She would even be screaming so much she didn't want to nurse. Since I breast feed I am wondering if I didn't eat something she doesn't like. However my daughter also is famous for fighting sleep in the evening and she loves to resist taking a nap.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 6:11pm
Aubrey does this but it's usually when she's overtired and fighting sleep.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 6:43pm
Ok this is wierd. As I mentioned, this has been going on for awhile. I finally had HAD it today, bout ready to cry myself so I put him down and let him cry while I tried to get myself together (yes I feel horrible about letting him cry...). So he shrieks his head off for awhile then I fed him again, he whimpered and cried around the bottle for like ten minutes then finally settled down and ate a little and went to sleep. Woke up annnnd... He's great. No more real crying so far today- its been 4 hours- and he's pretty much entertaining himself for the first time ever.
What the frack.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 9:25pm
Connor has what we call his "fussy time". Every day for the past couple of weeks around 5/5:30 for about an hour to an hour and a half, he will cry, scream, tears stream from his eyes, etc., and there is absolutely nothing we do that will calm him down. Well, actually since the time change it has been happening at 6/6:30 because he apparently can't read a clock, lol. I think it is because he is just really tired from not sleeping enough during the day and he is over tired and still fighting sleep. But, once that hour or so is over, he's back to his normal, happy self.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-18-2012 - 8:40am
I read that's its normal around this time for them, something about them getting use to their body. I read it in one of the weekly updates
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 1:41pm
You should also look up the wonder weeks! They have an app on the iPhone if you have one! It's pretty much a cranky time when your baby is going through developmental changes. And don't feel bad for having to take a minute to compose yourself! A screaming baby can be very frustrating.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 2:48am

The only thing I can think of is, is he possibly teething?

Photobucket

<