Monday check-in
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 1:36pm

How was your Easter weekend?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:03pm

Still pregnant, now with a cold.

Well we spent the holiday at my family and my oldest son and his girlfriend was up and told us some lovely news.

They told us they are moving up north

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:40pm
That's lovely Easter news :) Looks like a good summer for your family.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:55pm
Oh that is great news Frutess!

We had a great Easter weekend. The kids had a blast. We had a ham dinner with my family and then a turkey dinner with the ILs.

Tomorrow is my original due date and in the morning we will be doing our silly phone teleconference and once that is over I am hopeful the baby will be coming sometime in the next week.

My mom is here so childcare is taken care of and I am feeling relatively relaxed. I have had a lot of mucous but no bloody show or anything.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:56pm
Weekend was okay, we did a lot of errands and got a lot of cleaning stuff done around the house. We did a lot of relaxing, which is great because now, we only have one weekend left baby-free if she doesn't come early. I'm still pregnant and feeling used to the aches, pains, exhaustion, and everything that goes along with it. I'm entering the impatient phase, too, which is no fun. We are 11 days out from the scheduled c-section, so the end is in sight. I see my doctor on Friday, another appointment a week from tomorrow, then the surgery a week from this Friday. Just biding my time until I'm done at this point.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 2:58pm
Mmmm turkey and ham dinner sound very yummy. We just had spaghetti (the kids loved it though!) ^_^ I'm glad you'll be getting that phone teleconference out of the way and you won't have to worry about it anymore. That will be good to have that over and done. Sending you labor vibes for this week!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:00pm
The impatient phase is exhausting in and of itself, isn't it? Every morning I wake up and lament, "Why am I still pregnant?" As I hobble to the bathroom for the millionth time. I don't think I'd ever experienced this phase before since my boys came right at term, and it's making me grouchy. Thank goodness you have a definite end in sight. 11 days!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:04pm
We had a really nice weekend with our boys. We did a lot of walking around the neighborhood, playing outside, having an egg hunt, and spending quality time together. I think in a bit when the boys get up from their naps we're going to go to the park for a bit. They need to run off candy energy for sure.

I did wake up this morning and feel a bit more intensely, so perhaps there is a change going on. I had contractions about 6-7 minutes apart but after my walk they stopped -_-; Tomorrow is my 38 week appointment and I guess the MW might check me. If it's the same again I might just cry. I'm getting hormonally impatient--angry, frustrated, a little depressed. Of course none of that makes sense, per say, but it's not stopping me from being a complete wreck. I really hope labor will happen this week while my mom is on spring break from school and can watch the kids at the drop of a hat.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:13pm
2 weeks until DD. Very low key Easter. Just church in the morning and an early dinner out with friends. We gave my daughter her first chocolate egg. Too much sugar and too much mess. Yikes!

Feeling sore and tired most of the time, but we finally have a bassinet, car seat, dresser and clothes. I packed my bag last night and my mom arrives today.

I've been having some close calls with fainting and j've been lightheaded and dizzy a lot. Not sure what's up with that. Lots of Braxton hicks. Getting checked at my appt tomorrow and I'm really hoping for some good news.
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:30pm

Easter was pretty low key here. Had the usual basket and Easter egg hunt in the morning for the girls. Adam got a little Darth Vader plush for Easter (picture below)...wish I would of thought of buying him candy because then I wouldn't feel so bad stealing it.

Adam is a month old today. Hard to believe. He is growing so fast on me already. He is still waking up just once a night but he is also a lot more alert during the day. His favorite place to nap seems to be the car seat as he will usually take longer naps in there than anywhere else.

He is taking the bottle as well as breastfeeding which makes me so happy. He smiles an awful lot and I've heard him laugh a handful to times already. I am enjoying my time off with him at home but sad that it will be over in a month.

I am still having bleeding which I am assuming is from the tubal ligation and/or c section as I've never bled this long with my other vag births. I cannot wait for it to stop. I've also been getting random pains in my lower abdomen and groin areas which I don't know what the cause is of that. I was able to button up one of my roomier pair of jeans but I cannot wear them because the scar from the c section is sensitive to the touch. But the scar is healing nicely which I am thankful for. I just can't wait to go back to feeling normal again. Two more weeks and I can go sit in

Karen

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 3:34pm

We didn't do anything "official" for Easter. The "bunny" went out Wednesday evening & did the shopping - this bunny has learned her lesson many years ago... DON'T wait til last minute to shop! Spent less than $10 on each of the older 3 baskets - used sand pails for a basket.. They got a stuffed animal, a HUGE pencil, and some candy. Tobi got a Baby's First Easter bunny & a shirt that said something like "Just Hatched" with a picture of a chick and a broke egg (I think).

My son is a Boy Scout and it's beef stick & candy bar selling season & he had booth sales all weekend. Normally I am the one who does it with him but due to having the baby, I'm not and my hubby is. They had sales both Saturday & Sunday. I was there for a little while each day, but not long.

Every year the Easter bunny hides the baskets.. Usually we get a text message (I change my hubby's name in my phone to Easter Bunny) from the bunny telling us where they are hid. This year we printed a letter that said, "We know how sneaky you kids are, especially Tobi, so I hid your baskets down at your dads workshop." So, we went down there & they got their goodies.

And as usual... Mommy didn't get anything.. It kinda irks me that I do so much, make sure everyone else gets things but yet no one thinks of ME!Maybe I'm being selfish..

As for how Tobi is.. She's doing good. She 3w2d old (still not supposed to be out!). Had a weight check on Friday, 8lb 6.5oz. Diagnosed with reflux & put on Zantac (all my babies had it) so now hopefully she will gain. Also has goopy/crusty eyes was put on antibiotic ointment for that. She ALSO had her 3rd metabolic screen - which I nearly passed out at! She goes back on the 27th for her 6wk check. She does have appt with the LC's at the hospital on Thursday.

She has taken to breast feeding finally.. She prefers football hold but working on cradle hold too. She's still getting bm/formula mix bottles 1-2X a day.. Before bed (then I get a 3-4hr stretch, sometimes!) & once during the day too, its mostly breast milk but a little formula & she still goes to breast first. Im hoping wqe can get off the formula completely but I'm OK too if she gets a little. That way others can feed her too.

PP recovery has been difficult.. I am only one person but I'm being pulled in a dozen different directions.. My 6 year old has been acting up/out. She's not the baby anymore & she's trying to process that. My 9 y/o wont stop touching the baby! I've had to threaten to not let her touch for a week! My 10 y/o, he's had baaad behavior the past couple of years & it keeps getting worse.. its like he takes pride & joy in intentionally hurting me with his words & actions when asked to do simple things. My hubby was actually whining that he wasn't getting "any"... Told him until the IUD goes in, he has to wear condom.. He hates them! But finally gave in. I tell you, I found no pleasure. I know in time it will come back.. Plus I'm sleep deprived too!

Brandie Lilypie - Personal picture

Pages