Santorum suspending his campaign!

iVillage Member
Santorum suspending his campaign!
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 2:13pm

Just saw a CNN alert that Santorum is suspending his campaign. Anyone disappointed by this? Happy about it? Does this make Mitt the man for the GOP?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 2:25pm

I absolutely hate to hear this. Rick Santorum would have been a wonderful President but it was obvious it was never going to work out. Mitt Romney was picked to be the GOP nominee since day one and nothing was going to stop it. What a shame because it's obvious the majority of Republicans don't support him. He has no chance to beat Obama in the general election.

However much I don't like Obama politics, I won't vote for Romney. At least we know what to expect with Obama now.

Nancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 2:36pm
Personally, I'm happy that he suspended his campaign. There are many things about him that just didn't sit well with me. I also think it's a good thing for the sake of his family, they need him at home.

Chelsea

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 2:42pm
I have to agree there - love him or hate him, I do respect that he's doing the right thing for his family.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 2:51pm

Wait, is he saying the reason he's suspending his campaign is he wants more time to spend with his family? If so, I think that's just making an excuse- I bet it's really b/c it's no longer mathmatically possilbe for him to win the majority of the delegates.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 2:59pm

I'm very happy. I think he's the lesser of two evils. He was really scary and I can't imagine what life would have been like had be been president. Bleh.

Not to say I'm going to vote for Romney either, lol. I am happy with Obama and don't think he deserves the slack he gets. He wasn't the one who put us in the situation we're in. *cough*GW*cough*

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 3:17pm
I'm happy as a clam that he's dropping. He scared the holy heck out of me. Sorry about the little girl.
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 3:20pm
jillybean458 wrote:

Wait, is he saying the reason he's suspending his campaign is he wants more time to spend with his family? If so, I think that's just making an excuse- I bet it's really b/c it's no longer mathmatically possilbe for him to win the majority of the delegates.

Hmmm...hard to say I suppose. The first article I read made it sound as if he wanted/needed to be with his little girl. This one on CNN sounds like a little of both~

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/politics/campaign-wrap/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 4:01pm

Can we just get a collective **WHEW** for all womankind? I have never been so happy in my life to have a candidate call it quits.

Angie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 4:04pm

His 3 year old daughter with Trisomy 18 was just in the hospital again. No matter how I feel about the guy, I do feel terrible his child has endured so much suffering. I agree he couldn't win, but at least on the surface, it appears he did it because his family needed him.

Angie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 11:23pm

He was never a real contender in the race, but he appealed to a certain demographic. 2012 isn't a hot year for Republicans - most of A list Repubs are sitting it out until 2016 and then we're going to see the really big names start to power play. I'm most curious to see who's slotted as VP for this round. It will be telling about who might be on tap for the next round should this one fail.

Build your own free website for your family pictures! www.totsites.com

Pages