What are you doing this summer?

iVillage Member
What are you doing this summer?
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 12:29pm

Do you have a trip planned? Anything else fun going on?

We're thinking about going to Disney again this summer. I guess we need to really start planning since summer is right around the corner!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:25am

Planning on going on an archeology dig in South Dakota. The big trip, of course was just completed last week, on Spring Break.

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:26am
That sounds really neat. Is it a work thing, or a special group? Tell me more!! What are you looking for?
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 12:36pm

We tend to avoid travel in summer --- DH's garden tends to fill up his schedule! But this summer, it looks like we'll be re-roofing (if we can find a contractor) instead of travel --- we probably will even have to cancel our Septemebr Baltic Sea cruise becasue of teh $$$ that roof will cost!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 12:38pm
:( I'm sorry Carol. That stinks!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 11:45pm

Well, we took a day trip bus tour today and I am very tired!! It was a good time, though, to the Tulsa Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma, to an Amish woman's home who cooked all of us a delicious home cooked meal, and to the Will Rogers Museum and Memorial.

We have lots of fun things going on, out of town to a stage show, family reunion weekend, a charity Walk-Run, maybe another day trip, and lots more. None of them need an over night stay though.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 10:17am
What a fun day trip! Was it with a group of people that you know, or a tour type company? Sounds like your summer is already full of fun things to do.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 10:59am
cmkellie wrote:
What a fun day trip! Was it with a group of people that you know, or a tour type company? Sounds like your summer is already full of fun things to do.

We didn't know anyone. It was with a tour company that offers many trips that anyone can sign up for. It was supposed to be going to the annual Azalea Festival in Muskogee, OK, but the tornado storms beat down the azalea bushes and all the blossoms were gone. The Botanical Gardens was an alternate location. It was a disappointment as I have been wanting to go to the Azalea Festival for years and finally got to go, or so I thought. My husband and I might go down on our own one of these years and make it an overnight trip as it goes on for several days with fun vendor booths, a parade, special foods, and lots more. We'll only go to it for one day though. Being retired, we have fun things going on every week.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-21-2012 - 9:35am

Actually, I'm still recovering from the last trip, and there's some planning to do. I live in "fossil country" , my kid is interested in dinosaurs and I found out that a co-worker has a friend who does this all the time. So the friend has something planned around July 4, in South Dakota, and we can come for up to a week (and see some of the other neat stuff that we only got glimpses of last year). I figure 3 days max, then some more caves & other play stuff.

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-21-2012 - 11:48pm

I'll be going to Orlando for a few days to visit oldest DS,
We'll go to Daytona beach for a couple of nights as well.
Then in August DH & I are going to Vegas for a few days.
Always a great time doing both & can't wait :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 9:47am
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to do something like that!
Photobucket

Pages