Books - design statement or just way too many?

iVillage Member
Books - design statement or just way too many?
Wed, 05-09-2012 - 11:42am

I know realtors don't want books or magazines when they show a place. I guess they don't read! And figure neither do buyers (which is why I never really warmed to our realtor in Houston who thought a good library was a landing on a stairway!).  And when I watch those "designed to Sell' shows on cable, they are always getting books out of sight. But...

Books can be a design statment --- as is evident by these bookcases:  http://inspirationfeed.com/inspiration/industrial-inspiration/50-unique-and-unconventional-bookcase-designs/

Not necessarily practical, but then I've never seen the point of arranging books by size and color either --- I have books (can you guess) and I want to be able to FIND them! I need a Dewey Decimal suystem for the home. Anyway...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-01-2013 - 11:40am

Steal These Beautiful Bookcase Ideas
See 65 storage designs ideal for showcasing collectibles and volumes, from simple freestanding shelves to ceiling-height built-ins

See More:
bullet Style Your Bookshelves Like a Pro
bulletHow to Avoid a Clutter Crisis

From ThisOldHouse.com:
bullet37 Ways to Add Storage to Every Room
bulletHow to Build a Small Bookcase

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:14am

5 "One Weekend" DIY Bookshelves

DIY Bookshelf Projects

by Chris Gardner

Where to store your collection of books? On a bookshelf, of course—one that you made yourself in a weekend with no fancy woodworking

CL for "