Don't Give Up

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Don't Give Up
Tue, 06-05-2012 - 11:58pm

Hi, my name is Katie and I used to be a very frequent poster on this board.  My dh and I were ttc for 8 years before we finally got our miracle.  We tried IVF once and FET once and IUI countless times and I was on clomid and any other drug you could possibly think of.  I had my heart broken so many times as I would see that bfn test over and over agian.  I cried so many times I thought I was going to run out of tears.

Then in November of 2010 we decided to try IUI one last time.  The doctor told us our chances were very low since I only had one follicle develop but we decided we would just try anyways.  And two weeks later we found out we were pregnant for the very first time.  I was very nervous at first because I just couldnt believe it could possibly be true but on July 17 2011 I gave birth to my mircle boy Connor at 5 pounds 12 ounces.

Everyday I look at him and still cant believe he is here.  Before I got pregnant I was trying to figure out how to give up on the dream of being a Mom.  So now I am writing this to let anyone else that is feeling like I did to not give up.  You never know when it will work even if it doesnt seem like it will.

Thank you everyone that was there for me from this board while I was going through the infertility struggle.  I can never  thank you enough for all your support.

Connor.jpg

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:35pm

Thank you so much for posted this and congrats on your beautiful baby!

I came to ivillage to look at adoption boards, after 9 years and my clocking ticking louder then ever.

Over the years I would pop over to this board to see miracles. I started balling and got the strangest feeling not to give up when I read your post.

This morning when I woke up I was trying to figure out how to let go of ever getting that bfp. I appreciate you sharing your positive story and pray we hear more stories like these!