Glow in the Dark Bubbles

iVillage Member
Glow in the Dark Bubbles
Wed, 06-20-2012 - 1:40pm

Has anyone else tried these?  I bought a few bottles right before Easter.  I thought the bubbles themselves would glow.  Maybe we're not waiting until it's dark enough, but I only notice the glow when the bubbles splatter on the ground.  The kids figured out that the bubble solution makes for a pretty cool face paint.  :/  I guess I should check the label to see if it's toxic.

Last year, we bought a box of the Crayola glow chalk.  That stuff was pretty cool, but you had to make it at the right time because the glow would only work for about 2-4 hours.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:59pm
Yeah, some of the kids took it upon themselves to use it on their skin. I don't think I'd recommend it, though. DD said it irritated her skin. The glow doesn't last very long. Less than an hour, I think. They used it to paint on the driveway, and that was really neat.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:09pm

Woow, I was just browsing the stay-at-home moms section and saw your post - Glow in the DARK bubbles?  Sounds cool.  Especially if they work as face paint since my kids pretty much always prefer an off-label use for things (like using fingerpaints as body paint).  I will have to look for those next time we shop.