Thank You for Your Questions for First Lady Michelle Obama!
Find a Conversation
|Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:30am|
Don’t forget: First Lady Michelle Obama will be here all next week sharing her thoughts on how you can rev up your back to school routine while keeping your family healthy and active. This marks the first time Mrs. Obama will serve as a Guest Editor with a media outlet, and you’ll have the opportunity to connect with her every day. (Just in case you missed it, here she is talking about iVillage on Leno the other night.)
This week, you’ve been posting tons of great questions for our interview with Mrs. Obama on Monday August 20! We couldn’t resist, we had to do a roundup of some of our favorites so far:
- • How do you keep your kids eating healthy on holidays without being the "mean" mom? – bonniekpotter
- • I would love to hear the first lady's thoughts on balance in her daughter's lives. How many after-school activities can the girls join at any one time? How does she ensure that they have enough free time that isn't overly scheduled? – sharonmomof6
- • How do you deal with criticism? It must be difficult. – libraone
- • I am wondering how she and the President explained to their daughters about smoking, cigarettes, and tobacco use. How was it addressed to the girls when President Obama smoked? As a mother, does she think smoking should be illegal? How will she discipline her teenage daughter if she discovers she's been smoking? – turkeyplease
- • Friends are such an important part of my life, can you tell us about how you stay connected? – twinsontheway
• Mrs. Obama, what do you think about homeschooling? Do you support home education? Why or why not? -- jennadnearo
- • With all the discussion recently about women "having it all" I am wondering what your opinion is on this. Can women have it all (career & family) or do you feel like one side will always be on the losing side of the equation? -- jillybean458
Such fantastic topics! Want to be a part of the interview? Reply to this message and add your question for the first lady.