Thank You for Your Questions for First Lady Michelle Obama!

iVillage Member
Thank You for Your Questions for First Lady Michelle Obama!
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:30am

michelle-obama-1-636.jpg

Don’t forget: First Lady Michelle Obama will be here all next week sharing her thoughts on how you can rev up your back to school routine while keeping your family healthy and active. This marks the first time Mrs. Obama will serve as a Guest Editor with a media outlet, and you’ll have the opportunity to connect with her every day. (Just in case you missed it, here she is talking about iVillage on Leno the other night.)

This week, you’ve been posting tons of great questions for our interview with Mrs. Obama on Monday August 20! We couldn’t resist, we had to do a roundup of some of our favorites so far:

• • How do you keep your kids eating healthy on holidays without being the "mean" mom? – bonniekpotter

• • I would love to hear the first lady's thoughts on balance in her daughter's lives. How many after-school activities can the girls join at any one time? How does she ensure that they have enough free time that isn't overly scheduled? – sharonmomof6

• • How do you deal with criticism? It must be difficult. – libraone

• • I am wondering how she and the President explained to their daughters about smoking, cigarettes, and tobacco use. How was it addressed to the girls when President Obama smoked? As a mother, does she think smoking should be illegal? How will she discipline her teenage daughter if she discovers she's been smoking? – turkeyplease

• • Friends are such an important part of my life, can you tell us about how you stay connected? – twinsontheway

• Mrs. Obama, what do you think about homeschooling? Do you support home education? Why or why not? -- jennadnearo

• • With all the discussion recently about women "having it all" I am wondering what your opinion is on this. Can women have it all (career & family) or do you feel like one side will always be on the losing side of the equation? -- jillybean458

Such fantastic topics! Want to be a part of the interview? Reply to this message and add your question for the first lady.

Thanks, everyone.
-Jess

...keep going!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mrs. Obama, I would love to know how you plan your daughters' meals during the school year. Thank you!
iVillage Member

Hi, Mrs. Obama!

I've always wondered, which First Ladies from history do you admire the most, and why?

Thanks,

June

Laughing I don't have much to say. Laughing

iVillage Member

Hello Mrs. Obama!

My boys and I just watched your guest appearance on iCarly (again! LOL, we're big fans) and they had a million questions for you. :smileyhappy: What other shows do your girls like to watch and are they allowed to watch any TV during the school week?  Did the producers approach you about coming on the show or did you reach out to them? Were those real secret service agents on the show with you? 

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!!

-Lisa 

iVillage Member

I am impressed and thrilled to have an opportunity to ask something from Mrs. Obama! My question for her is this:

Mrs. Obama, what do you think about homeschooling? Do you support home education? Why or why not?

iVillage Member

Hi Mrs. Obama,

With all the discussion recently about women "having it all", I am wondering what your opinion is on this. Can women have it all ( career & family) or do you feel like one side will always be on the losing side of the equation? 

iVillage Member
This is so exciting!

Mrs. Obama, I'm always concerned that my middle school age son is too involved with sports and it will affect his school work. Even though the sports keep him active and happy, when do you know it's too much for him to handle?

photo abbysummer_zps85da8a35.jpg

iVillage Member

Hi, everyone.

These are such great questions! Keep 'em coming!

...keep going!

iVillage Member

Friends are such an important part of my life, can you tell us about how you stay connected?

iVillage Member

Dear First Lady Michele Obama

How do you  make sure their is adequate time for play, outdoor activities and healthy family time while balancing time for studying, school and homework during a typical school day?

Jolene

iVillage Member

Does the President have any plans or ideas for dealing with the excess of gun violence our country is dealing with right now?  The shooting at Texas A&M being the most recent.  My own city, Seattle, has had an unusual amount of gun violence, including too many cases of children getting ahold of guns and accidentally killing/injuring themselves or others.

nwtreehugger  

Pages