CHANGES IN VISION

iVillage Member
CHANGES IN VISION
Tue, 09-04-2012 - 6:46am

Although I haven't looked back, it seems to me we have discussed how we may have felt PD affects our vision. In any case, recently in another thread, Ruben mentioned how his vision is different in the early morning and I believe Chris may have mentioned various related issues with vision.

I'm wondering how many of us with PD have similar problems or issues with vision?

I've been aware for many years now that if I spend too much time on the computer or doing crossword  puzzles, which I like to do quite often, that my vision is severely effected. As time has gone by, I'm finding that it takes longer and longer for my vision to settle into a 'comfortable' zone where I'm feeling it's somewhat normal and I'm not constantly searching for focus when driving or just looking around the room.! The odd thing is that this isn't always the case. Some day's I'm not aware of any problems at all. 

I'm just curious if it's just me or if anyone else experience or have issues with, what seems like, daily variances in their vision? Any comments anyone?

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:12pm

Lauren sue.... I also attribute a lot of my vision problems to the use of my computer...! It has a fairly small screen and when I spend extended periods of time on here I can really feel my eyes getting tired. It sometimes takes a while for my vision to get back to an acceptable level. Lot's of blurriness in the mean time. However I can sometimes experience this when I haven't really spent much time on the computer.  Mornings are the worst! I've even resorted to using eye drops to see if that might help but I'm not convinced that it does.

It might be interesting to see what you can come up with!

iVillage Member
Re: CHANGES IN VISION
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:19pm
make that 100%, but I attribute too my computer/cell phone time coupled with being 45 for my compromised vision. I really rely on my reading glasses! I'll do some searches and see what the studies and professionals say! Great question Marty
Photobucket