October Cyclers - Post Here

iVillage Member
October Cyclers - Post Here
Tue, 09-04-2012 - 10:08am

Anyone looking at a cycle in October?  Here's a thread for you!  Good luck!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 6:01pm

Good to hear from your Lindsay! Which of your shots are IM (intramuscular) besides your PIO (progesterone in oil)? I take my progesterone by suppositories so I don't do any IM shots, the are all sub-q.

Got the green light today for transfer on Halloween =) My lining is a nice and cushy 10.7mm and E2=384. They want lining between 8 and 12 mm and E2>300 so all is textbook at this point. Now it's the crazy med line up until then. Tomorrow I start the progesterone and Saturday I start the steroids...so as of this weekend I'll be on 4 patches, 5 pills, 1 shot and 3 suppositories a day until transfer day. Time to get this party started ;-)

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Caryn

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 6:21pm

So exciting Caryn! Textbook is excellent. Do they care what your lining is for a fresh cycle? I haven't started monitoring just yet, but it will be helpful to know what they are looking for.

I have quite a few IM shots, unfortunately. And I checked with RE and he definitely wants me doing them IM which is wholey unfortunate, in my opinion. I'm doing Bravelle, Menopur, and the progesterone IM, and Ganirelix and Heparin subcu. I don't remember what the trigger shot was. I had a good little pity party about it for myself yesterday and am over it now. :)

Tonight is my last night of BCP! So excited! I want to throw the pills a going away party or something. Inappropriate? About how many days until AF came to visit you? I know everyone's different. I'm hoping she's in a hurry this month. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 3:32pm

They pretty much want lining to be the same in IUI, IVF or FET cycles.  On CD3 they want it to be think (<5mm> and then on trigger day they want it to be between 8 and 12 mm.  Too thin or too thick isn't ideal.

I am so surprised that they are having you take stims (Menopur and Bravelle) IM.  I've never heard of that before.  Even the Menopur webiste training (https://www.ferringfertility.com/menopur/training/) says it's a sub-q shot.  But if your doc uses it that way I'm sure he has his reasons...

I completely understand wanting to give the BCPs a good-bye party...I REALLY don't like taking them.  The stims were far easier for me than the BCPs.  AF shows for me almost exactly 3 days after the last BCP.  Does monitoring start as soon as she shows?  So exciting!!!

Caryn

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 5:05pm

Monitoring will start on CD3 for me, as will the Bravelle IM (hooray!). What about you??? Are you getting super psyched up for your retreival? What are you doing to pass the time? I would just be thinking about it constantly...

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 10:35pm

Not too long now and you'll be doing all your monitoring and stims =) It goes really really fast from that point on.

This is a FET cycle for me so I don't have retrieval but I am getting REALLY excited for transfer on Wednesday. The weekends been pretty busy to keep my mind off of it though. Last night we went to dinner with my Dad (my Mom is out of town) after work. Today we went to get my daughter her flu shot, got the oil changed in my car, did 5 loads of laundry, etc. Tomorrow we hope our DD's fever is gone and we can go check out the petting zoo at the local pumpkin patch. If she still has the fever we'll hang out around home...

What are you up to this weekend? I know the wait for the cycle to start really drags so hopefully it's something fun...

Caryn

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 11:26am

Hey Lindsay, how's it going? Any sign of AF yet? Hope the time is passing quickly for you...

Caryn

Pages