Lost our 17 1/2 year old..thought of you Lin

iVillage Member
Lost our 17 1/2 year old..thought of you Lin
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 4:00pm

Hi Lin,

Very, very long time no hear from me....But the passing of one of our beloved furbabies has led me back. What a comfort to see you here stil. You and this board helped me out a whole 11 and a half years ago when I lost my cat Tucson. So when we had to put our beloved Zappa down Friday, I thought of you and just needed to stop in. I can still hear you comforting words and advice for me back then and it is still helping. I just wonder how many poor fur- parents you have helped in the past.

Zappa just stopped eating and we could have done some drastic measure..but he deserved better. We chose to be the ones to suffer..not him. A furbaby that has been with my husband 17 years, and me 12 is a huge loss. Feels like the house is so mucn more empty, and our hearts are less full. I guess there is not much more I can say..excpet as you and everyone here knows it hurts like hell.

I hope all is well with you LIn. How many furbabies do you have now? We became the proud parents of Henley (my very first dog) 2 years ago..he is a tri colored Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and he needed a brother so Tucker an 11 month old Cavalier joined the family in December. We also have 2 kitties..Phoenix who we adopted right after Tucson left me and Darla a kitty that was born in our backyard.

Thanks again Lin for everything you have done to help me..just wanted to let you know all your support and comfort will never be forgotten. I have always thought I should stop back here now and then to play it forward and see if I can pass out some comforting words also...maybe I should...

RIP ^{{Zappa}}^

{{hugs}} Pam

Community Leader
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 3:59pm

Ohmygosh!  Oh Pam, when I saw your screen name, I thought to myself ..... 'naaaa, that can't be OUR ^Tucson's^ Mom!  But it is!  You've really come back home!!  {{{hugs}}}  But I'm so, so very sorry for the reason why.  :smileysad:  Gosh, if I remember correctly, the last time we chatted, was when you were about to walk down the isle.  So I guess that's when you became ^Zappa's^ Mom.  Please do give your hubby an extra hug from me.  Thank goodness he has your huge heart to comfort him.  {{{gentle hugs}}}

I'm doing well.  Thanks for asking.  As you can see from my signature, I lost my ^Wonder^ a few years ago.  He was only eight years old.  :smileysad:   A few months later, out of the blue, I received a call from the Keeshond Rescue, asking if I'd be a temporary emergency foster mom for a little guy found roaming the streets.  My heart was not ready, but (thanks to both of my ^boys^) I agreed.  After all, I'd only have to do it for a few days.  Ha, so much for that idea!  The minute I laid eyes on him, I knew he was sent to me by ^Whisp^ and ^Wonder^.  So, for the past 3-ish years, I'm the proud Mom of Winter.  (yes, I have a thing for W..... R names!)  :smileywink:

Oh Pam, you just don't know how happy I am to see you back home.  It sure sounds like you have a full house, with Henley, Tucker, Phoenix, and Darla to keep your heart filled with love.  {{{hugs}}}  I must admit, I just got a little tingle in my heart, thinking about how ^Tucson^ welcomed your sweet ^Zappa^ Home.

Please don't be such a stranger!

With my heart,

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:41pm

Lin..So very sorry to here about Wonder....thinking of you both tonight.:heart:

Winter sounds purr-fect..sent from angels above...Love the names you come up with..REALLY!!

Life goes on for us furbaby parents..doesn't it??? Such a joyful, heartwrneching part of life..thank goodness there are people like you that help us all get through the journey.

Do you still  make and sell those beautiful lockets..thinking Hubby Steve could use one..We are picking up Zappa tomorrow and bringing him home..Very hard.

So great to hear from you Lin and thanks for your words of comfort and support...once again :heart:

Will stay in touch...so comforting to see you here and know you still are..{{HUGS}}

Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:01pm

Oh Pam, I'll be keeping you, Steve, and sweet ^Zappa^ in my heart.  {{{hugs}}}  I know how traumatic that journey will be.  :smileysad:

To answer your lovely question .... Yep, ^Whisper^ is still my boss - just like he was while on earth!  :smileyhappy:  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to try to ease the pain in Steve's shattered heart. 

With my heart,

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 5:06pm

Hi Lin...Never mind found your site and see that you still do make the beautiful pendants..can you put fur or whiskers in them?

We picked up Zappa's ashes today and brought him home....it is hitting home even harder today and we are crying. My husband is having some guilt issues..thinks he did not spend enough time with Zappa the last year, cuz of the new pups. Sometimes I would tell him you should spend more time with Zappa...he did, but still feels guilty and I hate seeing him like this.

I love the saying on your one plaque...If tears could build a bridge to heaven I would climb them and bring you home...so true and heartbreaking..but that is how we feel. Maybe we could have that put on Zappa's "cedar box"

Well, look at me thinking I was strong and could handle Zappa leaving us, even though I thought I was preapred...

I think this hurts more than a human leaving us..as you can never tell them goodbye or explain life to them...or so much more important..You can't thank them for being such a Best Friend...

Thanks for listening...Hugs to you and Winter...

Pam:heart: