*chirp chirp*

iVillage Member
*chirp chirp*
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 4:24pm
Now that kids are back in school I hope someone comes to hang out with me and the crickets. ;-)
Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 3:09pm

we're here :smileyhappy:  I check in here every day

Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 1:38pm
I check in and then get sidetracked and forget to reply right away again. It's been hectic around here these days so with so few people to talk to it's easy to get distracted... :-/
Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 5:34pm

We should see about combining this board with the raising multiple board.  Keep all our multiple moms here...  ok, so that other board is pretty dead...  but still.  Might make sense... maybe.

I totally understand the distracted part..  omgggggggg..   I am constantly pulled away.

So my recent purchase was the BeBelove Triple stroller...   ugh!  I was so excited to get a side by side triple stroller that reclines.   I saw all the bad reviews on the stroller, like it being badly made, etc..   but I hoped that mine would be a good one.  ...nope..  no such luck.  I wated the 5-10 business days, signed for it..  dh assembled it..  the breaks didnt work.  ugh.. contacted them, they shipped another one...  I wait another 5-10 business days..  sign, assemble..  box is busted..  wheels are bent, handlebar is ripped.   lovely..   customer service again...   returning it.

so now I'm waiting for them to pick up both strollers and refund my 400 bucks.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:48pm
Holy crap Wendy, that would make me insane! I've never had a stroller I totally adored but that's just ridiculous. Guess it's good to know they are a no go for future reference.

I very briefly looked at triples (my oldest was 28 months when my twins were born) and I was so horrified at my options and the price range I decided to wear someone instead. At least I had that option, you don't always have that. :-(
Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: andichi
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 3:42pm

Hey ladies! I check in too, but it's always so quiet! The "parenting multiples" should definitely just be combined with this board. Maybe we can just have a monthly "grad chat" thread each month. I come up with questions specific to multiples all the time... I'll try to post more here and see if you guys have any ideas. 

Okay, and since I'm here, might as well ask this one... how have you guys handled bathing? Both (or all 3 :smileywink: ) at one time or one at a time? We are still taking turns with the girls and bathing them in a little tub that sits inside the big tub. I tried putting them both in the big tub at the same time and it was a disaster. I think Juliette was afraid of being in the big tub and I spent the whole time worrying about one of them falling over and cracking their head open because I didn't have enough hands. Not to mention they both hate having their hair rinsed so they throw themselves backward when I try to do this (only do a full hair wash once a week). Thoughts???

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 10:17pm
I bathed them one at a time until a solid year or so. It was just too insane on my nerves to do it otherwise. Eventually they all wanted together, or in the kitchen sink. Now Cam and Bella both shower but Catie freaks out and insists I bathe her in the sink and only use my hand to rinse her hair. Oh yeah, good times.
Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:00pm

I was thinking about this the other day... "how the h*** am I going to bathe three of them in a tub!?"  ..I was thinking I'd do the same thing I did with my oldest dd, with a bathing seat that sits in the tub.  maybe get a couple or three of them?  they might all fit?  doubtful?  not sure..  but I cringe at the idea of falling over and smacking heads. 

good news.. the strollers were picked up today.. phew.  now I just need to wait for my refund. 

for now I'll use our double and bjorn.  I bought the ergo carrier thingy.. but I like the bjorn better.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:51pm
I *Love* our runabout quad. You can often find the triples on craigslist, it would be your best stroller bet in my opinion, they are incredibly well made.
I bathe the toddlers together, and the babies one at a time. My oldest bathes on his own too. Once they hit toddler age they have a great time splashing and playing together.
Sarah, 25 *IVF*First Cycle Canceled. Second Cycle Chemical Pregnancy. *Third Cycle Successful 3 weeks hospital for Pre-E. E&E born July 2010 via emergency cesarean at 34 weeks. NICU for a month. Now home & healthy. *FET with embies from cycle 3- BFN
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 2:40pm
Any ideas what you might get otherwise for a stroller? I get so overwhelmed at the stroller question (which is almost as bad as the car seat conundrum) that I'm so glad my double jogger is my last buy. I sold my double umbrella and sold my Kolcraft double, I only have the one left.
Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:34pm

I dunno... I'm tempted to just keep my double and single stroller for now.  I can use the Bjorn as well.  It's not like I'm going anywhere by myself, so I'll always have another person to push or carry.

Wendy

Pages