Roll Call: Team Red, Team Green, or Team Yellow?

iVillage Member
Roll Call: Team Red, Team Green, or Team Yellow?
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 10:16pm

Anyone have definite plans for their family size? 

Red means Stop, Green means Go, and Yellow means, prepared to stop but proceeding with caution.

What team are you on for having, or not having, another baby? Pregnant ladies, let us know if a green means another one after this one?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member

Green Team for now!!  We had our 3rd ultrasound for this little one yesterday and all was well. Heard the heartbeat and everything.  I'm 10 weeks.  8 more weeks and we find out the gender!!  and we will be team red after this little one gets here!

iVillage Member

Team Red.  I had my tubes tied during the c-section while having Jamilyn.  I had misgivings early in the pregnancy if I was truly done, but came to peace with my decision well before the pregnancy was over, lol.  I'm content with 4.  I'm ready to be able to have pigs again and not have to rely on other people to do the chores I was unable to while pregnant. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
We're totally team green! And to share a little secret, I'm actually pregnant again with number 4! It was totally a surprise, since I wasn't ready to have another one quite so soon after Delaney, and I thought I wouldn't be pregnant since we were trying to prevent, but I'll take it! I'm thinking we'll end up with 6 or so, but my husband would have 10 or 11 if I'd go for it (probably not!)
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thanks! I should be due around May 19th, but that's my guess, I know the docs will change it! My last baby will barely be a year old, but I'm pretty used to having a bunch of little kiddos around by now, so it shouldn't be all that tough. Hopefully Ronan will be potty trained by then and I'll only have 2 in diapers :smileyhappy: Congrats on baby number 2 for you, too!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

Congratulations, Rachel! You'll have 2 and 2! How neat! And how fortunate that the two boys and two girls are next to each other in age. Couldn't have planned it better. I hope you'll keep us updated, though I know you must be busy in life, as well as on your new expecting board. :smileyhappy:

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member

I guess we could be called Yellow. I still havent' had a period (took 2 years to get one, last time) so we're not even at the point of deciding on it yet, but I think if I got AF back now, we'd be preventing, but if we did get pg, we'd be both elated and terrified. Terrified because all our kids have food allergies, and so far, each one has more than the last, and they aren't seeming to grow out of them. James is allergic to so many things, that I shudder to think what would happen if we had another. 

So we'd be Yellow. Yellow for hope, and yellow for fear. Cautious in any case.

-Meg

iVillage Member
Glad all is well with the pregnancy, Jennifer! I hope you'll share the exciting news about the gender when the time comes! :smileyhappy:

-Meg

iVillage Member
Thanks for all replies! It helps to know that whether you're red, green, or yellow, you're not alone!

-Meg

iVillage Member

RED!  I have my boy now, I am ready to move on with life.  I'm eager to get these kiddos in school so I can get myself in school and get back to working some more hours, and going on family vacations they'll all remember.  Plus our house currently only has two bedrooms for the 5 people living here... NO MORE PLEASE! :P

iVillage Member
I've been MIA, but I'm back since my current pregnancy board is pretty much dead. I'm green, DH is red. Currently 37 weeks with another little boy and I plan on having one more. DH told no more. I just smile at him. I KNOW there is one more, but not for LONG time.