Hi....

iVillage Member
Hi....
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 10:23pm

Hi...how's everyone doing these days? I know its been such a long time since I've been here.

Let's see, what's new with me...I wasn't able to make it to Chicago this past summer, but I plan on going for 10 days next summer. I'm still a CL on the Beauty and Style channel. I've moved to a new apartment, which is less than a mile away from the old one. This one has 2 bathrooms and the other didn't, so that's really nice.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: chic04
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 10:42pm

Rita!! How very nice to see you!! I think of you whenever I see any glam stuff around iVillage!! Nice you got to move to another apartment with two bathrooms!! Yes, that must be very nice!! Sure hope you can make that Chicago trip next year, know how much you love it!! Is your mom doing okay?

My stuff is my husband and I still keep busy running here and there doing lots of fun stuff. My really big thing that's been going on is that I've lost a bunch of weight and am only 16 lbs from my goal!! Very happy about that!!

Take good care of yourself and come back and see us more often now!! :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:24pm
Awww...how sweet!!!

My mom's doing great. I live with her, so that's nice.

Now how long have you been married?
iVillage Member
In reply to: neverstopping
Mon, 09-24-2012 - 11:29pm
chic04 wrote:
Awww...how sweet!!!

My mom's doing great. I live with her, so that's nice.

Now how long have you been married?

We've been married 4 years as of this past June 19th. I had been widowed 10 years before I met and married John. He's a really sweet man and wonderful companion. I got lucky!!

Yes, I remember that you and your mom live together. That's really nice and glad she's doing great.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 1:16am
I don't thik I ever knew your hubby had passed away, but it seems like you have a new love the 2nd time around. I'm happy for the 2 of you.

I don't know what I'd do without my mom. We are really close.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 8:54am

Hi Rita! Nice to see you back here! It's so great that you and your mom have such a close relationship. I'm sure it benefits you both!

Time flies, so I don't remember if you know I'm now a grandma! My dd and her dh adopted a baby (newborn! Dd was there at the birth!) in June of 2011. Riley is a year and (almost) 4 months now and the cutest thing I've ever seen since my dd was that age, lol. You can see her at about a year in my sig.

Other than that, my dh and I keep plugging away. Not much else we can do.