I'm not ready to tell yet...

iVillage Member
I'm not ready to tell yet...
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 12:22am

Hi,

First of all...I apologize if I am on the wrong board with this question...it is NOT my intent to offend anyone.  I am 30 and have had 7 miscarriages (two ectopic...rest were antipholosophid antibody syndrome related).  Doctor confirmed yesterday that I am pregnant with #8,  Now, problem is I don't want people in general to know until I'm past where I lose them at.  But at work, there are a lot of social events where there's drinking.  When I haven't been pregnant I drink two or three glasses of wine a week. 

Now, people that know me well know this...and it seemed to raise questions when I was at a work event tonight and I repeatedly said no thank you when wine was being handed out.  I froze and wound up lying saying that I had a cold.  Just was wondering from people who have possibly been in my shoes or closer to it...is there anything else I can say that sounds believable?

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:30am

I will feel the same as you, after 2 losses, in a row.

Just say, you're 'on the wagon' & quit drinking this month.

Kiki (hit my magic age of 45 and no longer TTC),but mom to a beautiful teen DD & 2 angels in heaven & married to my best friend

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 2:24pm

The antibiotics story is always a good one, or you could say you're tryin to lose a few lbs before xmas.

You may like to check out the Pregnant after a Loss board for more support. Hope this is your sticky bean

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers