May 2000 Kiddo Poll

iVillage Member
May 2000 Kiddo Poll
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 8:20am

Where does your May kiddo like to shop for clothes?

What are they currently reading?

How tall is your May tween?

Do they participate in any school sports? Or any sports outside of school?

Member of any clubs?

Do they have a best friend or a group of friends?

What do they do in their free time?

Favorite foods?

What color is their bedroom?

Is their room clean or messy?

Does your May kiddo have specific chores around the house?

Are they "into" the opposite sex?

Favorite school subject?

Any extras to add?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:30pm
**no she's not Mariah**
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:29pm

Where does your May kiddo like to shop for clothes?  abercrombie kids, aeropostale

What are they currently reading? Pretty Little Liars

How tall is your May tween? No clue, but I'm guessing about 4ft10, like Claire

Do they participate in any school sports? Or any sports outside of school? Cross Country...going to encourage her to try for basketball, and she will do track in the spring.

Member of any clubs? No

Do they have a best friend or a group of friends? She always has a few close friends, but is a part of a much larger group.  

What do they do in their free time?  She likes to skate board, craft/create, watch netflix shows, and text.  ~sigh~

Favorite foods?  Pizza, Creamy Italian Chicken, Mayo Chicken, Cheeseburger pie, Garbage bread...girlie likes her food.  :smileyhappy:  She's not picky anymore.

What color is their bedroom? Lavendar

Is their room clean or messy?  Messy.  :smileysad:  She's a disaster.

Does your May kiddo have specific chores around the house?  Empty waste baskets, keep her room and bathroom straight (fail), dishes on non-school days, put up her laundry.  Nothing extremely specific, just whatever I see that needs done.  

Are they "into" the opposite sex?  Yes.  :smileysad:  She's on her second boyfriend, and they've been "dating"  (?!!?) since July.  Of course "dating" means texting each other (the texts have all been appropriate, I read...lol) and occasionally awkwardly saying "hi," in the halls.  Oy..

Favorite school subject?  English/reading

Any extras to add? I want to be careful not to pigeon-hole Natalie.  No, she's not Natalie.  She runs with the snotty group, where Mariah NEVER did.  She has lasting friendships, so that's good.  Yes, she has a boyfriend, but she doesn't seem overly boy crazy.  I always think she's got a wild streak a mile wide, but I don't want to underestimate her.  She's not a follower, but she's always game to take risks.  Someday that will come in handy.  And I think she's much firmer in her values than I give her credit for.  She's still got that enormous heart that I've always loved, so even though she's not our "text book good girl," I know she still is.  If that makes any sense.  :smileywink:  Of course, Mariah has been so easy, it worries me that they're so different, but I KNOW that if and when it comes down to it, Natalie will always do the right thing.  (I hope)  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:14am

Where does your May kiddo like to shop for clothes? She wears uniforms for school so she doesn't go crazy for shopping yet.  She isn't fussy and the last few places we've been...Target, Hollister, Aero's...to name a few.

What are they currently reading? She's reading The Book Thief

How tall is your May tween? 4'10

Do they participate in any school sports? Or any sports outside of school? Nothing at school but that's my choice.  The drive to get her to and from is just not possible/realistic for a team that is literally "just for fun".  We tried signing up for soccer at our local park and they didn't have enough to make a team, other parks were full.  She's dancing Jazz and Kick until January, she'll add Lyrical in January

Member of any clubs? Yes, Girl Scouts at school and she's hoping to be re-elected to student council.

Do they have a best friend or a group of friends? Group of friends at school and dance but not friends she "hangs" with.

What do they do in their free time? Muzzy photo collages, dancing, computer games, still plays with her dolls, & reading.

Favorite foods? Beef Terriyaki, Tacos, Cheesecake Lousiana Chicken Pasta, oven pancakes..those are the things she asks me to make anyway:smileywink:

What color is their bedroom? Turquoise blue

Is their room clean or messy? fairly clean but she doesn't have a lot of floor space to really let it go crazy.

Does your May kiddo have specific chores around the house? putting away her laundry, unloading dishwasher, bring up/down recycling and any miscellaneous chores I think of.

Are they "into" the opposite sex? Not really. She is conscious of them, but not a boy crazy kind of girl.

Favorite school subject? Science

Any extras to add? Claire has always seemed old for her age but letting her go to the mall and such with her friends/cousins has been a little hard for me.  I know it's time for her to spread her wings a little bit and I think I've given her the right tools but doesn't make me worry any less.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 8:38am

Where does your May kiddo like to shop for clothes? We go to a ton of different places for her clothes...Target, American Eagle, Hollister, Rue 21, Kohl's, A & F, Delia's, Macy's...to name a few.

What are they currently reading? She's reading 90 Minutes in Heaven

How tall is your May tween? 5'3.5"

Do they participate in any school sports? Or any sports outside of school? Nothing in her school's fall sports...only softball, tennis and cheering are offered now. Does a volleyball clinic for skill development on Sundays.

Member of any clubs? Yes, the FCA

Do they have a best friend or a group of friends? Group of friends mostly, but two neighborhood girls would be her long time friends.

What do they do in their free time? Loves practicing volleyball, running, watching makeup/hair/style videos on YT, still plays with her dolls, & reading.

Favorite foods? Chicken, strawberries, sausage biscuits, mashed potatoes, and Pirate's Booty popcorn.

What color is their bedroom? Turquoise blue

Is their room clean or messy? somewhere in the middle. It has gotten better since we have decluttered both of the girls' rooms.

Does your May kiddo have specific chores around the house? Feeding the cat, putting away her laundry, cleaning the cat pan, and any miscellaneous chores I think of.

Are they "into" the opposite sex? Not really. She is conscious of them, but not a boy crazy kind of girl.

Favorite school subject? Science

Any extras to add? Lily is really maturing. She has always been a child who gravitates toward adults and she has really formed some great bonds with her teachers. She is gaining some independence and handling it well. I love watching her at this age. She has so much ahead of her.

Photobucket