Hoping for a better day today

iVillage Member
Hoping for a better day today
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:19am

Yesterday was a series of mishaps, scares, frustration and odd failures.  There was the call from my doctor about the thing that may be on my spine, but also: For some reason the hose that drains the water from my washer into a tub moved or became possessed and decided that, instead of nicely draining the water into the tub, it would splash the water so hard into the tub that it would fountain out and soak the floor - the waiting clothes - the rugs on the floor.... I have no idea why it suddenly did that. Then my fridge stopped cooling well. It's not off - just not real cold.  Also, when doing the laundry, I tore a fingernail down to the quick and bumped my head (again) on the bin that catches the clothes from the laundry chute. And there was the continuing saga of trying to get a brand name prescription from the online pharmacy (yes, still). And to cap it off, the debacle of the horribly botched call by the pretend referees that cost the Packers the game.

So today: I'll try adjusting the hose again and see next week if I get the fountain.... and I'll clean the fridge and see if any vents are blocked... and hope that this time the pharmacy will do what they say and send me the BRAND NAME drug... and wait for my nail to grow back... and hope for the best for my "spine thing".... and try to forget the game and hope the NFL will give the real officials what they want (they pay the players mega millions, but deny the refs a decent pension - disgraceful!) so the games can get back to being somewhat fair.

Wish me luck, lol!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 3:34pm
I'll check those things - or have Tom check them, lol. And all it would take for football to be fair again is for the NFL to give the real refs the pension they're asking for. How can they quibble on this small thing, and justify paying the players millions and millions of dollars? It's shameful and is ruining the game for everyone.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 2:24pm

Wow!! What a string of crap being dumped on you!!! Reminds me of that children's book title "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"!!

Well, everything has to get better from now on, it just has to!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:54am

SIGHHHHH Ann...don't ya hate when u have one of those days ???!!!!

I wonder..if there is a lil sock of Riley's caught in the drain hose ??  >>as a plumbers' wife...that was my 1st thought !!! idk !!!....how bout duct taping the hose on something solid (where it drains into) so it won't jump & act like a snake.....another thought !!

Hopefully on ur fridge...it is a slightly clogged drainage line...is it draining into the pan (underneath) after defrosting ( can u tell when it is defrosting?)  mine sounds like mice running around inside !!!! lol

Hopefully on ur spine thingy..it is just arthiritis that it is picking up !! 

On the NFL ref thing...they should be ALL shot !!! The Pats game the other nite was horrendous...pityful !!! urghhhh!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:07am
twig04 wrote:
OK that's weird but yes it could have been a bird,, hopefully not a "woodpecker!!!" Take a peek and see if one flew into your house,, maybe it's laying there waiting to be rescued....

So go back to thinking about Riley and what you are going to buy her for XMAS.

I thought of a bird because, earlier this year, I had a goldfinch who was obsessed with my front window. The little thing would sit on the ledge and peck at the window! I think he's gone for the winter now, but something else could have decided to take up the pecking (I wouldn't put anything past those stupid Mourning Doves!). If it's a woodpecker, he'll be disappointed with my aluminum siding, lol!   And I thought about there maybe being a trapped bird or something somewhere, so looked around in the garage and basement, but saw nothing unusual.

Okay, back to thinking of Riley :-D   (I have no idea what to get her for Christmas! Need to talk about that with Colleen.