Looking For Outreach Ideas

iVillage Member
Looking For Outreach Ideas
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:25am

I am planning on doing Hallelujah Day at my church again on the last Sunday of the month in October. I have for the past 2 or 3 years done it so that it was like a carnival night and the kids just ran wild playing games. This year I want it to be an outreach and be all about Jesus. Do any of you have ideas?????? I want to have games and candy and fun for the kids, but I also want like a pupet skit so the kids know why we are having the event and celebrating Jesus.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:41pm

By outreach do you mean to your community or just having it be more bible based for the church kids? If it's mainly church kids they could do bible themed costumes or costume contest. I like the skit idea! Could maybe the carnival games be modified for Bible Stories? Like the fishing game for loaves & fish or fishers of men & stuff like that? Christian music? Oriental Trading Company has good deals on bulk sunday school type prizes you could use. Maybe you could take donations for something? Like Operation Christmas Child? Sounds FUN!
Photobucket