Heading into your Second Trimester!

iVillage Member
Heading into your Second Trimester!
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:31am

Some of you are now in your second trimester..  Phewww! 

How are you feeling?  A little better?

Some cute info..  

your baby now has his/her own fingerprints and you might be able to feel your baby's kicks and movements :smileyhappy:

http://www.ivillage.com/13-weeks-pregnant/6-c-124908

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 8:12am

I'm 13 weeks today!!! My nausea is gone, though yesterday i think I had a 24 hour stomach bug and spent the day throwing up :smileysad:  My dad thought maybe it was pregnancy related, but I don't think so (I have never gotten physically sick during my previous pregnancy or this one, I find it hard to believe that the day before week 13 I'd all of a sudden get sick.....plus there was a bug going around DCP last week that DD caught, so I'm sure she shared it me).  Anyway, my energy has SLOWLY been returning, but any return is a welcomed one. 

Now I have the back/leg pain to look forward to (assuming this pregnancy follows the path of my previous one).  But nothing I can't handle!

YAY for 2T :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-14-2012 - 1:07pm

Yay!! I finally made it.  Officially 13 weeks today.  Some docs say the first tri is 12 weeks, some say 13.  Any way you look at it, I'm offically there!!.....

Finally feeling a little better.  Morning sickness only comes once in a while now, and I haven't thrown up in a few weeks.  Starting to get some energy back too.  I still have a really sensative gag reflex though.  That lasted my whole pregnancy last time, so I don't really expect it to go away.  I snuck into the Halloween candy for a tootsie pop and I can't even eat it.  I keep gagging :smileysad:  Can't wait to go back to the doc and hear the heartbeat again!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:21am

That does help - thank you!! I'll keep telling myself this is preparation for what's to come.....and just helping her cope better :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 4:40pm
Still pretty sick here. When does the 2nd trimester start?!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 1:46pm

I'm not quite there yet either (bummer being towards the end of the month :smileysad: ).  I can't wait to get some energy back.....i feel like a total failure with my 15 month old lately because I just don't have the energy to give her the attention she wants/needs.....although, perhaps this will teach her a bit of independence?!?!?!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:48am

Not quite there yet....

I'm only 10 1/2 weeks, but I thought I was starting to feel a little better...then bammm throwing up again!!  I'm so ready to feel better and to feel baby move!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:37am
ill be officially in the 2nd trimester sunday and im already feeling like a whole new person! ms is 99% gone and i have a ton more energy, just in time for moving day :smileyhappy: i also read that around 12/13 weeks hands start to open and close. with my last child, one of the markers that made them think he had trisomy18 was that his hands were always in fists so if we get to see that happen at the next ultrasound it will totally be a tears of joy moment