Let's talk Emmys!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Let's talk Emmys!
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:08am

Hey... how about those Emmys? :smileyhappy:

Homeland won outstanding drama series, while its leads, Claire Danes and Damian Lewis, were named outstanding lead actor and lead actress. And Modern Family took home the trophy for outstanding comedy. I loved that Jon Cryer took home the outstanding lead actor in a comedy, the Two and a Half Men ... about time!

What was your take on the Emmy Awards? Anyone you thought should have made it but didn't? Or were you satisifed with the overall outcome?

And the gowns... can't forget the gowns! I thought Padma Lakshmi looked amazing in her gown. The color suited her perfectly and it's not a color you see often on the red carpet. Who do you think looked incredible... and which ones looked like they could use a fashion consultant?

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 8:55am

First things first the dresses were wonderful. There were more hits than misses. My favorite was Sofia Vergara. I loved that color and that gown. Jimmy Kimmel was terrible. They should have Jimmy Fallon host. He is funny and current. I don't get the whole Jimmy Kimmel thing. I think only the people at ABC get his humor. His skit in the beginning of the show was horrible. Time to find a new host. I am very upset that Parenthood and the Middle do not get any attention. These are two of the best shows on TV. Parenthood always falls under the radar and it is time they get recognized. They have very talented actors and writers that should be recognized and they never have. The Middle has a talented cast and good writing they should have been recognized also. Its time to stop giving Modern Family all the props. I was very disappointed that Homeland won all the awards. No one sees this show. It is not popular at all. I was very disappointed that Mad Men and Jon Hamm did not win. Mad Men is the best show on TV. I feel that it's network AMC did nothing to promote this show or their actors and that is why they did not win. I think the same is true with Parenthood. I feel that NBC does not promote this show and yet it is still so popular. Imagine if they promoted their shows how successful they could be.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 12:37pm
canijusteatcandy wrote:
Most seemed so ill-fitting.

Hello Christina Hendricks! Sheesh. Talk about bringing the girls to the party. :/

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:32am

I'm a HUGE fan of the show "Parenthood" and couldn't believe that they were basically snubbed in the nominations, again! The only nod they got was Jason Ritter being nominated for "Best Drama Guest Actor" (he's awesome!!). I was pulling hard for him. :smileysad:

As for the gowns, I also really liked Padma's gown- especially that peachy/orange color. I also like Claire Dane's dress- I thought she was very brave to wear such a bright yellow but she pulled it off beautifully!

Community Leader
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:26am

I'm not really an awards show watcher—I like watching the clips after the fact. With that said, I was happy that MF won. :smileyhappy: I love that show. And as much as I am against Patricia Heaton's views on life, I wish The Middle would get some recognition. I love that show!

The dresses were, well, some were REALLY scary. LOL Some were really tasteful. Some were pretty but could have been a different color, lol! Lena Dunham's dress was really pretty, if only it were a bit tighter/more form fitting. The way it was so over-sized (in cut) made her look so frumpy. 

I think the biggest thing for me is Kristen Wiig's hair color! It's so weird to see her w.out the blonde! LOL :smileyhappy: