Baby Baptisms

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Baby Baptisms
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 12:02pm

Will any of you be baptizing your baby? Have you picked out the baptism gown/outfit yet? Do you have a picture to share of it? When will the baptism take place and will you be doing anything special with family and friends to celebrate?

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:22am

We are doing Owen's baptism this Sunday. He doesnt have a special outfit...just wearing all white. We are doing his a little different...we are going out to a nice picnic ground and a family friend that is a retired pastor will be performing the baptism by a creek...doing it in God's creation :smileyhappy:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:34pm

We had Mason Baptized while we were in AZ. We wanted to have him Baptized in the church my husband, my kids, and I were Baptized in and my husband and I were married in, but since we no longer go to that church, the pastor said he didn't think it was a good idea. I was very hurt by this because the only reason we left was because we moved not because we changed religions. DH's family still goes there. We wanted it in AZ since both of our families live there and his sisters have been the God parents for all of our kids. Well, since they didn't want to do it at the church (though they said they would do a blessing, which doesn't mean anything to us), we did it at Dan's brother's house in front of our families. His other brother did the ceremony, his sisters are the God parents, and the kids and my mom got to say a few verses for the ceremony. It was just as I think God would have wanted it. Mason wore the same gown all of the other kids wore. We had it made for Hunter when he was Baptized and it made it this far.  Here is a pic from that day. Not the best pic of me and Mason is clearly not happy, but it is what it is :smileyhappy:

And here he is with his God parents (Dan's sisters)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 3:41pm

I like both of those options Megan. I was never a fan of the tux and bowtie sets either which is why we had one made for Hunter when he was a baby. It made it through all the kids, but probably wasn't made well enough to pass down throu the generations ( the stitching is a little loose and the silk has a few runs). It suited us well. In retrospect I really wish I had a gown made from my wedding dress. I definately won't be wearing it anymore and it would have been meaningful and held up a little better. Oh well, maybe when I have grandkids. I don't know why it is so difficult to find a traditional type of Baptismal gown that works for boys too. Let us know what you decide.

Photobucket