Crossing my fingers...

iVillage Member
Crossing my fingers...
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 12:06pm

Had my midwife appointment last night and everything is looking good. Still have low blood pressure (weird) but everything else seems pretty normal.  My midwife is going to call and set up a time for my ultrasound, but I found out that next Monday is the only day that DH can take off work to go with me for the next month.. So that means if the doctor is unavailable next Monday, I have to wait another MONTH to find out what we're having. The suspense is killing me.. 

Also, my midwife told me that she just delivered a beautiful baby girl last week that was supposed to be a boy. Apparently this same doctor told the couple that it was a boy and it turned out to be a girl. She wanted to warn me about it. .Hahaha. I told her I'll make sure we get a good money shot and I'll get some second opinions after the u/s. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 8:11pm
I'm sorry the timing wasn't right for both of u! I like the envelope idea too! See if where u r going can record it on DVD. That's what mine did. I thought it would be cute too to buy a cheap pink and blue hat and have the tech put the right color in a gift bag and u could open it together.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 7:05pm
Amber, I'm so sorry! That is such a bummer. :smileysad:

Not sure if this would be an option for you or not, but one of my friends' husbands couldn't be at her ultrasound and she skyped him from her cell phone and put it so that he could see the monitor. He was able to see the whole thing like he was there. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 3:27pm
Oh, so sorry! That's so disappointing! I don't see how you can stand waiting...I'd do the envelope idea. :smileyhappy: Can they record it so he can watch it later?
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 12:04pm

Well, I got some bad news.. Apparently Monday is that doctor's scheduled surgery day. Boo! The only day she could get us in was on the 17th which is a Wednesday. Sooo, we're trying to decide whether or not to just wait and stay team green until birth or just have me go without dh and have the doctor write the gender down and stick it in an envelope for a gender reveal party later. Dh really, really wants to be there, especially since this is our first AND I have to drive 1 1/2 hrs to get there. We're going out of town for the u/s because to have it here at the hospital would be $500+, and this doctor only charges $150.  So bummed right now :smileysad:

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 2:51pm
Glad everything looks good!! Ur too nice, dh couldn't take off work so I went without him!! Lol! I could have never waited another month!! I brought a DVD, and they did record a lot for him! Hopefully u can get in soon!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 2:48pm
I'm anxiously waiting for my U/S as well. I have to wait to go to my appointment next week before they will even schedule it! I'm hoping that they have an appointment sooner rather than later, I'm not sure why they didn't just schedule it when I went for my last appointment! I would be really upset if I was expecting a certain gender and they were wrong. I told DH we were having a back up name just in case they are wrong!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 1:52pm
Glad to hear everything is on track, Amber. I hope you can find out on Monday too. I'm so anxious to know what you and the rest of the ladies are having! :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 12:51pm

If you can't get into the dr next Monday why don't you look for some place that does an elective gender scan? You have to pay out of pocket but I've seen lots of places that will do a 15 min gender u/s for like $30 or $40. And they will probably be able to get you in next Monday. I don't know if you have any but we have places like that all over here.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 12:44pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your appointment will be next Monday :smileyhappy:

Alicia Mom to Logan - Jan 9, 2005 and Colby - Oct 15, 2008