hip width post baby - from a health perspective

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
hip width post baby - from a health perspective
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 3:09pm

I think I've heard a few of you say that you see chiropractors.  I'm currently between trusted chiropractors, so I was hoping maybe one of you had had this discussion with yours.  In my first pregnancy my hips spread as expected, but no biggie.  This time they've spread MUCH further.  I'm worried that this large a spread will cause me problems with my back afterward.  I sleep almost exclusively on one side...I'm thinking wider hips may cause more pressure on my lower back.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

iVillage Member
I am totally investing in a belt for my hips postpartum. I'll also probably wear Spanx or an Ace Bandage to keep my guts in check - I hate the loose postpartum feeling. I'm not sure how much my hips have spread, but I know that they have. I'm also dealing with some soreness and sensitivity. We'll see how it goes!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:22pm
Mine spread 4 inches at least with my ds. This one is about the same so far. I went down to pre pregnancy size by the time he was 12 months old. I see the chiro monthly pregnant or not though. I have issues with my hips and neck. My hips are always out if line and I have very little curvature in my neck and disc degeneration in my neck from a car accident. I have a pretty narrow waist when I am no pregnant, it is about 10 inches smaller than my hips, so I rarely keep on my side because it's just not comfortable. I do when pregnant because I have to.
Pregnancy%20ticker