I just told...

iVillage Member
I just told...
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 4:13pm

I just told the one person I've been dreading telling about this precgancy.  I have a friend who's been ttc for a while and is just starting fertility.  I have not wanted to tell her because I didn't want to make her upset.  I'm 14 weeks, so I figured I'd better tell her now.  I called her so she didn't have to see me face to face, and I did it when I knew she'd be alone.  She was so nice and acted excited for me, but I know she's still probably upset.  Oh well, at least it's out and I have that weight lifted off my shoulders.  Have any of you had to tell someone that you really didn't want to tell?  How did it go?

Becky

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 4:21pm
I was that person, my last pregnancy took 1.5 years and I had a friend who wasn't trying get pregnant and have her baby in that time, you are always happy for your friends, wish it was you, but still happy for your friends, never upset. it is hard, but still happy for them.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:11am
I feel for you! My best friend/cousin by marriage has been ttc for over 2 years. And now I'm pg with #3 by accident. I felt awful telling her. But she took the news extremely well because she's just that kind of person. She and her husband hope to start the IUI process before the end of the year.