Delivery scheduled for this Friday!

iVillage Member
Delivery scheduled for this Friday!
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 4:19pm

My doc is finally going to try to flip this baby!  Friday, 9/28, super early in the morning.  Baby is big so they're not confident it will work but they'll try.  I'll have a full epidural like a c-section, plus will be given drugs to prevent contractions to keep my uterus loose.  If it works, baby will flip in under 2 minutes, then they'll take me off the drugs and start an induction.  If it doesn't work, I'll have a c-section.  I've made no progress in weeks, plus the contraction stopping drugs will have to wear off, so it will be a LONG induction if we go that route.

Otherwise, I had a good appointment today.  BP is staying in the 120s/70s, only lost 4 pounds this week (after gaining last week due to extra hydration from IV fluid), baby boy's heartrate is near 150.  My newest bloodwork came back bad, my liver enzymes are rising instead of lowering so that means my body still is fighting Hepatitis A, but docs say it won't hurt the baby and I'm not super stressed about it since the whole family is vaccinated against it.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 5:11pm

Good Luck!!Are you open to either the long induction or the c-section??any preferences?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 5:57pm
Good news :smileyhappy: (besides the hep A thing) Good luck and keep us posted!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 5:58pm

I am glad you will get the epi for the baby turn. I can't tell by your post if you want the baby to turn (induction) or if you want a csection. It sounds like an induction would be long. It probably won't be as long as mine (70 hours). :smileyhappy:

Good luck! Can't wait to see a pic of your LO.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 7:34pm
hooray!!!! technically only 2 days left! thank goodness you get the epidural for the baby flipping. i would much rather have that pain free and deal with a long induction instead. plus, you have gone through so much already, thank goodness they are finally acting like you dont need more pain! i am very excited for you!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 7:42pm

I'm hoping for induction.  I scar very badly and get keloids (scar tissue buildup) so I'm really scared of a c-section scar.  Plus I have minor allergies/sensitivities to the preservatives in most topical creams and sprays (even stuff like nyosporen), so even if I don't scar I'll be in itchy hell while it heals.  But I'm scared to get my hopes up, so I'm mentally preparing for c-section.  Oh well, no matter what happens, it'll all be over soon.  I need this baby to get here so I can focus on the positives and be happier.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:54am
Friday will be here before you know it. I'm glad you finally have an end to this madness in sight! :smileyhappy:
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg