Prayer Request.....

iVillage Member
Prayer Request.....
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 8:25pm

I need all my Q&E ladies now..

My neice that just had the baby in the ambulence got burnt tonight..

She was doing tomatoes in the pressure cooker and the lid blew off-

They called for an ambulance and they couldn't do anything so they life flighted her to to the University of Michigan.

Please Please all the Prayers you can muster up - she has a 2 year old and a 6 week  old baby at home.

I know nothing more then this.. Waiting on a phone call.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 6:17am
Well, having a church family really does help in times of need! I can understand not wanting another ambulance bill... that sucks! Will continue to pray... give us an update when you can.

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 3:56am

Thank You all very much ...

This is Sallies daughter- they live up by Lansing. And his family is in Cincinnati. They had just came up when the baby was born.

Not sure what all is gonna happen- with two little ones at home. Her breastfeeding is over. She doesn't work and he had just got a supervisor job at the factory he works at. They do have a wonderful Church family that helped when the baby was born. And a neighbor that came quickly when this happened. The neighbor drove her to the hospital and from there she was 'airlifted'.  When she had the baby they sent two ambulance bills (one for her and one for the baby) and they didn't want another !

I am heading there Friday after work.

Thank You all again..

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:27am

Oh my word!  Renee... she is going to be in a lot of agony.... that debridement process sucks!  It's like rubbing sandpaper over an open wound.  But, they have to get that dead skin off somehow because it can cause infection if left on.  Lots of pain meds..... Lots....

Already said a prayer but will continue....

Is this Sally's daughter?  Kay's daughter?  or is she on John's side?  Just wondering.... I know Kay has been through a lot... I was just hoping she wasn't going to have to deal with her daughter going through all this on top of it. 

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 6:34am

Oh no, Renee.   This is terrible.  I cannot imagine the ordeal she is going through now and what she has in front of her.   So sad.   Praying for a quick and pain-free recovery.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 6:20am

Oh Renee I am so sorry to hear about this.  One reason I am not a fan of pressure cookers.  Burns are not nice.  

Please let us know how she is doing.

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 4:05am

Thank You all very much !

She took the pressure cooker off the stove and thought she was suppose to take the lid off for it to cool down.  She was also suppose to wait for her Mom to come help her ... She did not get her face - she got her neck, arms., chest and legs. 

Last message I got was lots going on, feeding tube for extra calories, debreeding soon .(scraping off the burns )  lots of drugs. She is being very brave and in good spirits. Said the veiw from the helicopter was awesome =).. She will be up there 5-7 days.  Her birthday is Saturday =/

She has a 16 month old at home along with the baby born Aug 13. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 2:12am
I'm so sorry, adding my prayers as well.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 2:12am
I'm so sorry, adding my prayers as well.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:49pm

This would only happen in a nightmare!  Prayers coming....

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:10pm
Many prayers for your niece. Please let us know she is when you can.

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg