Tiger and Trouble are home from the vet

Community Leader
Tiger and Trouble are home from the vet
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 8:48pm

Tiger has a little bit of early kidney failure.  I didn't get back the test results to see if he has an infection or not too today.   Dr Mary is starting him on a kidney diet if he will eat it and pepcid as it helps with the kidneys too.  Go figure.

Trouble has yeast and an infection in his ears.  The vet said the crinkly sound I heard was fluid and the blood is probably something that broke lose.  Dr. Mary wasn't there, but the vet that took care of him a few times when he was so sick was there today .  He said he looked so much better than the last time he saw him. I have a med to put in Trouble's ears once a day to take care of the yeast and infection. 

They were both good boys.  They didn't say too much while riding in the car.  Trouble wanted to get outta there today and was a bit squirmy, but he let the vet look and dig in his ears. 

I pray that Tiger's kidneys will hold out a long time yet and he will continue to do well.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:02pm

Oh gosh, that seems like alot of stuff goin on....I'll say some prayers for the boys!!!  Sending you lotsa hugs, (((((((((Leslie))))))))))  Please give them kisses from me and the furpack!!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:23am
well I am glad they are home and all taken care of,I am sure Tiger will be fine for many years,a lot of people live with the same thing,kisses to both!

Community Leader
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:32am

I hope that the meds will clear up Trouble's ears once and for all. 

Of course Tiger doesn't like the special diet he's supposed to eat.  Oakley ate a bit of it, but Tiger won't touch it.

Thanks so much for your prayers for my little boys.

I'll deliver your kisses to them.  Thanks for the hugs.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:34am

Thanks for the prayers for my little boys and hugs for me.  I'll deliver your kisses to them from you and the furpack.  

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:37am

I'm glad they are both home too and don't have to go back for awhile, I hope.  Of course Tiger doesn't like the food he's supposed to eat.  Yes he can live a long time still as long as his kidneys don't get too bad.

I'll deliver your kisses to them both.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 10:04am

No I didn't try that.  I just plopped it down for him.  I'll try it and see if he will eat it that way.  He's such a picky eater anyway.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 9:55am

Trouble's ear is much better with the meds.

Yes Boots has had kidney issues for a long time.  I didn't realize it had been 5 1/2 years.  I'll give Tiger the pepcid and hope that will help a lot.  He doesn't vomit, but they say it helps with the acid and that helps the kidneys.

I'm sure Tiger will do fine for a long time. 

I'll deliver your kisses to Tiger and Trouble.

Photobucket