tips on moving forward?!

iVillage Member
tips on moving forward?!
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:19pm

We were married 24 years this year; for the last two, my husband had a secret affair...i will spare everyone the details. They are horrible and embarassing. i am proud of giving him a second chance but in the end, he left me for the OW. i have quesitons about how to help my young adult daughters, who are devastated and won't talk to him (he doesn't understand why), so any suggestions are welcome for that too. but mostly today i want to hear how people moved forward. i can see the light more these days (it's been 4 months since the "reconciliation" (he was still seeing her) and 9 months since learning about the affair. i go for days thinking i can actually be happy again, then i find myself crying over the pain of the betrayal. Thank you for your ideas on going forward emotionally and socially for myself (as for spiritually, I continue to forgive him).

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 8:03am
Hugs to you. The most important thing I would suggest is simply allow yourself some time. Your wounds are still fresh. And allow yourself to feel the feelings. the womwn AND men on this board are also a great source of information. They have helped me get through some painful days. I wish you well and am very sorry that you had to join our.club. But since you are here grab a beverage and read back through the boards. They are a wealth of information.