How was your Weekend?

iVillage Member
How was your Weekend?
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 9:46pm

How was your weekend?

Mine was long.  I decided to upgrade my cable tv, get high speed internet and get a digital telephone.  Things did not go as planned.  No internet or phone from Thursday last week until today.  The Cable tv, well the box didn't work but we still cable.  Our house was rewired this morning since our cable wiring was 30 years old.  Well, now we are all upgraded and modernized. 

The Saints lost again.  Big bummer for us.  Not as big a bummer as Greenbay had. 

I got a clean bill of health from my new intern doctor yesterday.  I'm happy about that.  I'm also happy my lungs are clear and free of fluid.  I kind of guessed that a few days ago when I realized I wasn't coughing or coughing anything up.  It is so nice to be able to breathe again. 

siggy line

Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:13am

We had that hassle with phones and cable, too, including having to re-wire because the old cable from the previous owner was too old to support today's technology. We're all set now though.  Whew.

So glad your lungs are clearing and you got the doctor's ok that you're officially better.  I hope you don't travel down that illness road again!!!

My weekend was busy...course, now it's almost the next weekend, which will be equally busy.  The difference between the two?  I worked last weekend and was still busy.  This is my "weekend off".  Is there really such a thing?  Doesn't seem like it, which makes the difference between my working my tail off, and dh sitting around on his tail all the time, all that more glaring.  I'd get to sit on my tail and enjoy some "weekend off" if he got off his tail a bit more and did things that need to be done.  What do I need to do to convince him?  Don't bother answering...rhetorical question.  I've tried everything and nothing works.  He's convinced that it's his right to sit, and if I dare to ask him to do even one eensie teensie little thing, he gets mad.  He even gets mad if he says that he's "going to do project A today" but then is sitting on his tail and I point out that the weather is supposed to get rainy and if he wants to get project A done he should do it before the rain hits.  So I give up.  Let him wear out his tail from sitting on it.  At least my tail stays somewhat in shape, from being worked off :smileywink:

Off my soapbox now, LOL.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 9:38pm

Hi Ladies! Just jumoing back in, I;ve missed everyone. I got frustrated with how slow the site was, but I have missed hearing about eveyone's lives.

I went n my cruise, spent another week with SO and miss him more then ever. LDR sucks, but it is where we are for now.

Looking forward to updates from eveyone :smileyhappy:

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 5:10pm

Oh lucky you, a cruise.  I could use one right about now.  Maybe just dd and me.

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:01pm

Hmmm...take a secret vacation and don't tell him about it and don't answer his calls.  He's a cop he knows you have to be gone 24 hours.  LOL!   Okay how about send all the sofas and chairs in the house out to be restuffed.  Offer some pillows on the floor instead.  No?  But don't you like the way I think?

I don't know what you can do short of handing him separation papers.  That's what I did.  We almost got divorced.

So how did the weekend off go? 

My weekend was busy.  I didn't expect it to be busy but it was.  I did manage to squeeze out going to the alligator fest.   I really enjoyed it.  I also managed to get the inside of the house decorated.  My mother told to decorate however I wanted but she can't not control the situation.  She was in there putting in her two cents worth.  Christmas is going to be fun.  LOL! 

siggy line