Should I tell him I like it when he's assertive?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Should I tell him I like it when he's assertive?
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 1:34am

I like this guy and he likes me. That's clear between us. We both want something more and physical. I told him he needs to make the first move, physically (and I won't back away), and he said he will. He's had some chances, but hasn't taken them. I can't be more obvious w/o making the first move. 

So, should I tell him that it turns me of when he's assertive/aggressive with me. He has been and I like it (more like take charge, not force anything on me). Maybe it will get the ball rolling? Or will that turn him off? 

What do you think? Tell him or just let it play out itself?

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 3:46am

If you're going to force the issue, that will be too intimidating and a major turn off for him. Despite popular opinion, not all guys are pigs and are actually gentle and respectful. Maybe you think that you are sending him signals, but he is not catching your signals and does not want to offend you and/or cross any boundaries.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 4:01am

It's an odd approach.....you are being assertive by telling him that it turns you on when he's assertive.   You're contradicting yourself.

If he needs to be pushed into being assertive, then he's NOT assertive.   Therefore, if you need an assertive man, he's not the one.