What is going on?? Any ideas!

iVillage Member
What is going on?? Any ideas!
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 3:20am
Hi. I have an ex who i dated about 7 yrs ago! We are friends and still talk sometimes and have been in other relationships. we had lost touch for about 3 yrs and spoke again on Saturday via FB. Ive just moved from UK to Canada for work and he is currently in the UK. There were a few bit of our conversation I just needed some clarity on.

First I only found out he had a girlfriend after seeing his Facebook but throughout the conversation he refrained from mentioning her and always says "I" and not "we"! Only when asked a direct question did he answer with as few words as possible!
Throughout our conversation he was saying things like, he wants me to come home soon cos I make him laugh......he will cook me an English dinner when I return......and teach me how to ride a motorbike (he is an instructor)
As it was a Saturday night (uk time) and after midnight I politely tried to end the conversation so he could go to bed (he lives with his GF or 5 yrs) but he promptly said I don't have to stop talking and it's really nice talking to me again.....we didn't finish talking until 4.30am his time!
After I mentioned I had tried to contact him via email unsuccessfully he then gave me his email address (since we can speak on FB I didn't see it as necessary)
We then started discussing food and he stated after he realised I was fussy with food that he likes that about me since he is also (I personally didn't see why any connection had to be made between mine and his taste in food).
I could simply be over reacting to his comments but It would be nice to know why a man would do that

Thanks Sara
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 11:07pm

My option: It's best to stay out of your ex IF he presents has a girlfriend and cut all your loss time with him..and leave them alone. Unless if his girlfriend might will allow you to be friend with.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 11:09am

Maybe he's currently having a fight with his GF--who knows why people act as they do?  But would you get involved w/ a guy who has a long time live in GF?  Doesn't seem like a great plan.