Ugh Stupid Hospital

iVillage Member
Ugh Stupid Hospital
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 3:47am

So I was all set to find out my induction date today.  No such luck.  The hospital screwed up the appointments, instead of it being an appointment with an obstetrician to book in the induction, it was a normal midwife appointment.  To top it off, they couldnt find my file and then couldnt figure out what the last midwife wrote in her notes.  Plus there were no obs around to find out from.  After a while, they finally tracked down the midwife and an ob and i had my ctg and bloods done again.  Only now I have another appointment next week to book in for the induction.  So now I dont find out til Tuesday.  Which means if i am to be induced by 38 weeks, it only leaves about 5 days.  So less time to get stuff ready once I know the date, looks like between now and Tuesday I need to get everything sorted and packed so I am 100% ready to go in case the wanna do it before i hit 38 weeks.  And i was so excited to get an induction date too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 8:04am

I thought you had to be induced at 37 weeks?  That sucks that they screwed up and you're stuck in limbo now.  Is there any chance you can call and get everything set up over the phone?  You've got a condition and a medical reason, it's not like you're a random elective induction.  Maybe try to get everything done by your next appointment, so you'll be ready what ever day they pick?

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 9:50am
Craziness! I'm with L; is there a way you can call and set it up over the phone?
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 7:33pm

Ive read that it can be 37 weeks, ive also read that it can be between 38 and 39 weeks.  I think it depends on whether things stay the same or get worse, if things go bad, then they will induce earlier.  The longer cooking in there the better though I suppose.

With the doctors here, everything has to be done in person, cant do anything over the phone.  And Monday is a holiday, plus they need to wait for the results of the latest lot of blood tests.

I am planning on having everything ready as if they will want to do it then and there. For all I know, they could end up having the opportunity to induce on Wednesday since i will be past 37 weeks,  I would rather be prepared.  Not that I have much to do, but still need to buy a few things for the hospital bag and pack that, set up the bassinet in our room and get some of the baby stuff washed etc.