Wednesday Whys?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Wednesday Whys?
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 11:17am

I thought I'd start a weekly Wednesday thread... the Wednesday Whys! Have some fun and share with us!

This week's question:

Why did you decide on the name you chose for your August Acrobat?

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 4:39pm
Well, Quinn has my grandfathers first name as his middle, so Sean got DH's grandfather as his. Then it was finding a semi-uncommon name that fit with Gordon (in Sean's case) and Herbert (in Quinn's) that also fit with our last name. Its funny, we have Irish first names for our boys, but a German (I think) last name :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:32am

Owen Carl...we decided on Owen because at the hospital we the have ictures up of the nurses kids and one was named Owen and we both liked it haha. Carl was my husbands grandpas name

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 10:47pm

Ellie Elizabeth comes from my husbands grandma (his dads side) and my youngest sister. My husbands grandmas name was Ella and my sisters middle name is Elizabeth.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:41am

Not sure. I guess we just liked the name. It was between Mason or Jake. At the time I hadn't heard anyone named Mason since high school, but as soon as we decided it, I kept hearing it. We had three Masons in one week at work including a little girl (though it was spelled Macin.) Oh, well, that is what happened with Lily's name too. We didn't try for it, but at this point our kids names start with H, I, K, L, M so we are just missing a 'J'. If we had another boy, maybe his name would be Jake. I don't think we will be having anymore though. If Mason was a girl, his name would have been Kira. Likewise, we just felt like Andrew went well with Mason. No particular family name or anything.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:32pm

Alban William <3

Alban has a few reasons behind it - I love the Irish name Ailbe and the nickname Alby, so we were originally thinking of the name Albert. My great-grandfather's name was William Albert, so we were thinking of switching it around for Albert William, but hubby thought Albert was too old fashioned and didn't like the possibility of the nickname Bert! We were married at a church for St. Alban the Martyr, so we thought that was a great alternative, which offers 2 nicknames, Alby and Ben, and has a good meaning behind it :smileyhappy: It also has a Latin origin, meaning "from the city Alba (meaning "white")", a city in the Roman Empire, and I'm a big classics and ancient history buff :smileytongue:

William because it's everywhere in our families, every generation on all sides I think!! Hubby and his dad both have this middle name, two of our grandfathers were named William (Bill), my Uncle, Hubby's cousin, and then everywhere farther back in the family trees!