CC meet today

iVillage Member
CC meet today
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 11:51am

So, our furthest away cross country meet is scheduled for today... about 40-50 minute drive.  And there's currently a 90% chance of thunderstorms when it's supposed to start adn 85% chance an hour later.  We would have to leave in about 2 hours from right now and I'm monitoring my e-mails closely hoping for a cancel on this one!  Kids get out of school half day so will be home in 10 minutes.  And we have open house and large PTG meeting at school tonight.  Plus it's Girl Scout sign up night about 5 minute drive from school- I hope to get there too, but I just can't be everywhere!

-Jen

Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 4:50pm
Ack! How did it turn out?!?!

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:13pm

The meet was not canceled.  You wouldn't believe it.  We drove the whole way there in a downpour.  It rained lightly during the walkthru.  (Pretty much all the kids had dry shoes/socks to put on after the walkthrough before the race.)  Then the 2nd thru 6th grade boys were called to the line and it stopped raining.  Girls started 3 minutes later.  Some raindrops were starting to fall when my son was crossing the finish line in 6th place!  (So many kids didn't come that he moved up several places... he's never been in the top 10- but always close!)  It did rain for the varsity 7th and 8th grade race- but not heavy.  The mud was splattered all over the backs of their shorts and shirts (and I had a large garbage bag for him to sit on for the drive home (because he hates changing clothes... but we did take a change of clothing if it was terrible.)  And we got home with 10 minutes left over before we had to leave for open house at the school!  I'm still glad we went because of how he was beaming with a 6th place finish!  Our school did come in 1st for JV boys and girls (even without our fastest runner in JV boys who blows everyone out of the water)... and both are still undefeated in their regular season meets!  We don't have enough varsity boys or girls to make a team... minimum of 5 kids makes a team.  

Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 1:44pm
That's great news that he placed 6th!

I don't envy you the rain though.

How did the recruiting go for scouts?
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:07pm
6th place is great!! I remember ds had one football practice, now known as the mud bowl, where the kids were coated, head to toe in mud. He says it was the best practice EVER!!

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!