9/26/12....QOTW....Funny Habits.....

Community Leader
9/26/12....QOTW....Funny Habits.....
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 12:54pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're having a nice week so far.  The weather has definitely been getting cooler....but today is a bit warmer so it's really nice.  I love sitting outside on days like today but, unfortunately, I'm in VA Beach instead of Williamsburg.  Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice.

I know that we all have our own routines....even our furkids.  When I get up in the morning I feed Cleo, have my breakfast, and then start getting ready for the day.  Cleo will usually go back to sleep for a while.  Of course, I want to put her out before I leave.  But, unless she hears my hairdryer going she will not go out.  If I get out of the shower and want to put her out she won't budge.  She waits until I'm almost completely ready.  Sometimes if I want to put her out earlier than usual I run the hair dryer for a few seconds...."then" she'll go out.....LOL....

What funny habits do your furkids have?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 10:46pm

Comet checks on me several times during the night.  When I forget to take his collar off, it wakes me, but I'm always careful not to let on that I'm awake!  When the alarm goes off, he is right there to greet me.

Allie is mostly deaf, so sleeps like a rock and doesn't want to get up in the morning.  She WILL NOT get out of bed at 6am with me and Comet, and has to condense breakfast and outings into the time before I leave for work.

Barbara

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 7:27am
Laura, that's very cute about the hairdryer.
AS for Coffee:
well she will not eat her breakfast until she has done her first "pooey". Even if that doesn't come right when I put her out,, she'll wait for later til she does have to go and then eat.
She also has the uncanny habit at 9:30 every evening she runs to her toy box and grabs her frisbee and runs around the living room with it.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 7:29am
that's cute about comet checking in on you..... well Allie is a lady of leisure for sure LOL
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 12:47pm

This is funny....usually a dog has to eliminate about 20 minutes or so "after" they eat.  Cleo urinates first thing after getting up, then eats, and then goes out before I leave for work.

That's cute about the frisbee....I hope she doesn't expect you to throw it....LOL....

Laura
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 1:28pm
Oh yes, of course she wants me to go outside IN THE PITCH DARK and play frisbee with her.... I guess she gets her last wind at that time! As for the eliminating, she will also do that after the breakfast but an hour or so later, unless we are out walking then it's quicker. She goes 3 times a day sometimes 4.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 8:57pm
Dogs are creatures of habit aren't they Laura! I have to convince Buzz to eat either his breakfast or his dinner and it's tiresome. So I go through this routine of going "here's your breakfast Buzz, yum yum" and on and on I go and I follow him around with his bowl. Now trust me I wouldn't normally do this with any other dog but he's just so skinny and he's old and I don't want any more medical issues with him. Both of them want to go outside after they eat to drink some water and go potty. Even though I now keep a water dish inside as well, they're in the habit of years of having to go outside to drink. LOL!