9/26/12....Funny Habits....

Community Leader
9/26/12....Funny Habits....
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 12:56pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're having a nice week so far. The weather has definitely been getting cooler....but today is a bit warmer so it's really nice. I love sitting outside on days like today but, unfortunately, I'm in VA Beach instead of Williamsburg. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice.

I know that we all have our own routines....even our furkids. When I get up in the morning I feed Cleo, have my breakfast, and then start getting ready for the day. Cleo will usually go back to sleep for a while. Of course, I want to put her out before I leave. But, unless she hears my hairdryer going she will not go out. If I get out of the shower and want to put her out she won't budge. She waits until I'm almost completely ready. Sometimes if I want to put her out earlier than usual I run the hair dryer for a few seconds...."then" she'll go out.....LOL

What funny habits do your furkids have?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 2:34pm

My lab-mix Lindsey is very much a dog who likes routine, and nothing better be out of place. She once barked at a stack of folded laundry on my bed because it "wasn't supposed to be there." So our morning routine is that she gets breakfast while I'm in the shower, and she goes out while I'm packing my lunch for work. Nothing fancy. There are a few times when she doesn't want to do either of those things. If it's raining, forget it.

Happy Camping!

Ashley

allfamilycamping.wordpress.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 4:50am

HI, since I am retired I have no set pattern 7 days a week so Rudi doesn't have those clues of time to go into the crate as Mom goes to work like others that I know with dogs do.

As soon as I wake up, coffee plugged in,  and as soon as I get clothes on, Rudi goes out to potty.   Wed morning it was storming with lightning but she still went potty outside.  I go out with her so we are both getting wet.   She isn't into pooping when it is raining though, just holds it until the rain stops!

After my coffee is done and I sit down, she comes running onto me on the couch and I get "puppy slimed"  I call her licking kissing me all over my face that one.   Being a wiener dog her front 2 legs are on my chest as her back legs are in my lap.  Then she falls asleep like now she is sleeping on my left hip.

I can't imagine how lonely my life as a retired widow would be without my Rudi.    hugs,  Josie

Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:38pm

My lab/mix Cleo hates the hose, but she doesn't seem to mind rain too much unless it's raining really hard.  My beloved dal ^Samantha^ hated, rain, extreme cold, extreme heat.....so it was sometimes a challenge to get her outside.

Most dogs are creatures of habit and don't like it when their "world" is disrupted.  That's why when people move with pets it takes a while for them to be comfortable in their new surroundings.  When I volunteered for a rescue years ago and potential adopters would ask "is he/she housebroken" I would often say "yes, but that doesn't mean that he/she will be housebroken in 'your' house."

Laura
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:41pm

One of Cleo's beds is in the great room near the couch.  I'll often just watch her sleep in the evening; she looks so peaceful.  I can't imagine my life without her either....

Laura