9/26/12....Funny Habits....

Community Leader
9/26/12....Funny Habits....
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 12:58pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're having a nice week so far. The weather has definitely been getting cooler....but today is a bit warmer so it's really nice. I love sitting outside on days like today but, unfortunately, I'm in VA Beach instead of Williamsburg. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice.

I know that we all have our own routines....even our furkids. When I get up in the morning I feed Cleo, have my breakfast, and then start getting ready for the day. Cleo will usually go back to sleep for a while. Of course, I want to put her out before I leave. But, unless she hears my hairdryer going she will not go out. If I get out of the shower and want to put her out she won't budge. She waits until I'm almost completely ready. Sometimes if I want to put her out earlier than usual I run the hair dryer for a few seconds...."then" she'll go out.....LOL.

What funny habits do your furkids have?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 2:13pm

Kathy has this habit which is not so funny.

She lives for food, and she can tell, rooms  and floors away (often from a sound sleep!) when I go into the pantry and somehow beats me there, demanding that I get our her plate (we have a set of desert plates form a defucnt china set that are dedicated to cat food) and her favorite food (which of course, given her being a cat, changes form day to day so this is a guessing game), quite loudly and vocally. She even beats me to the pantry if I'm getting deviled ham (her fave! LOL  SO I dish out food, put it near teh kitchen counter (her preferred place to eat) and she sniffs it. She then sits and waits until Dominic, her brother, comes strolling in, somewhat causally like "somethin' happenin' that I need to know about?"  And when he starts to eat (more like licking teh gravy off - he hates to chew!), so will she. Dom never begs; Kathy does all the begging for the two of them!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 4:27pm
I have one cat who will do anything in his power to get outside, even though, when he does get out, he just hides under the porch. We don't let them out because we live on a highway. We covered and screened in the porch partly so he could be outside, but he tries to get out of there too. He dug a hole in the wood floor by the patio door (trying to dig through the wall I guess), and tore a hole in the bottom of the heavy duty pet screen.

The other cat plays fetch. He'll come up to you with a rubber bracelet and drop it at your feet and wait for you to throw it and then bring it back. He also used to be a thief. Every day we'd find a bag of something (craft supplies, nuts & bolts, etc.) that he'd brought up from the basement or taken out of a cupboard. One day he just stopped doing that, no idea why.
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:32pm

DH or I cannot open a tuna fish can without Cleo running into the kitchen; sometimes when I even open a can or another type she'll run in to check.  I then tell her "no this is not tuna fish!" and she'll walk away.  But if it is tuna fish she must have some....and I thought only cats liked fish....LOL....

Laura
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 12:18pm
Ziggy is my beagle girl. if i look at her funny, she starts barking her little head off. Kirby, my older boxer boy (and my baby), has a pillow for himself on the floor (can't get on my high bed very often). i have a comforter and a quilt that i put over him. he will get up when i get up, and as i am getting ready, he lays back down on the pillow. LOL.

Listen, Think, Respond, Rejoice-me