12 week appt, U/S #3 and prolapse update

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
12 week appt, U/S #3 and prolapse update
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 2:02pm

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for the prolapse. It does appear that I have a mild uterine prolapse. My ob isn't terribly concerned about it, just encouraged me to not lift anything heavy (thinking about my luggage next week when I go on travel...), no straining and that it will probably resolve over the next few weeks as my uterus grows up into my abdomen. Just a consequence of my age and having had two children prior.

Couldn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler and so we switched over to the ultrasound. Thankfully everything is ok and saw the little heart beating away. Saw the bladder, crossed legs and arms, head tucked down. Thrilled to get another peak!

Next appt in 4 weeks and will do the quad screen right after that appointment right before we leave for Orlando. He promised not to call with results while we are on vacation, but will wait till we return. :-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:39am

I would have freaked out too if they couldn't find the HB on the doppler, especially at 12 weeks.  I'm so glad you got to see the baby on the U/S and that everything is fine!!!  This is my concern at my 12 week appointment - and I don't think they have an U/S machine in this office (it's in their home office 30 minutes away). 

Anyway, I'm glad your appointment when well and that everything continues to go well for you and baby!  This will just force you to pack lightly for your upcoming trip :smileywink: