Where Have You Traveled?

iVillage Member
Where Have You Traveled?
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 3:01pm

Let's see how much of the globe we've covered.

I've been to Florida, and Virginia, and backpacked around Europe (England, Scotland, Holland, Germany, Spain, France, and Morocco).

What are all the different places you've traveled to?

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 4:47pm
Ok ... Here's my international list first: Mexico, France, Algeria, Germany (numerous trips over a 20 year time span), Austria, England (once in the early '70s, lived there 4 years in the 90's, and back and forth in the six years after), Scotland, Wales, The Netherlands (not counting airport transits here...), Hungary, Luxembourg, Egypt, Morocco, Switzerland, People's Republic of China (lived there 2 years and back once since), Hong Kong (when it wasn't part of PRC and after!), Thailand (twice in 8 years), Singapore (numerous times), Australia, Saudi Arabia (lived there four years), Bahrain, Syria, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Monaco, and Canada... I THINK Corsica and Crete are parts of Italy and Greece, respectively... So I won't count those... And I'm not counting numerous hours in Narita Airport, Tokyo, even though I've had to go through passport control on each trip!

DH, on business has out-traveled me in that he's been to all these except Syria, PLUS Russia, Poland, Romania, Georgia, Kazakstan, South Africa, Indonesia, Costa Rica, and Guatemala.

In the US... Every state EXCEPT Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, Minnesota (DH has, I haven't) and, North Dakota... .

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 2:38pm

Hmm let's see:
In the US: only NYS, Florida, Vermont, Hawaii, Pa, Maine, Mass, and most of the eastern atlantic coast.
Outside the US: Mexico, Canada.
Then Colombia South america,
In Europe: England, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Leichtenstein.
Many times to Turkey both sides (anatolia and European)
China
Of course I'm hardly finished with my travels..... ;O)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 12:49am

I have been to all contiguous US states except for 10.

Other than those, I have only been to Canada, Mexico, Hawaii and several Southern Caribbean islands.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 1:53pm
Wow, Carol, maybe I should have asked what places you haven't been to, lol!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:00am
CMEvelyn wrote:
Wow, Carol, maybe I should have asked what places you haven't been to, lol!

It helps when you live in England as so many places are close and cheap to get to. Also, if DH could swing it, he managed to get me on s couple of his busness trips (Hungary and Luxemburg), Trouble was, he didn't get me to the one I wanted most: South Africa!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 9:27pm

We've driven to all the United States except Hawaii and this spring we finally flew to Hawaii.

Internationally, I've only been to Canada.  This might change if we do the Panama Canal cruise.

Utahtea

utahtea blue.png