Pet Tracker

iVillage Member
Pet Tracker
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 3:19pm

Tagged: A new device for dogs aptly named, Tagg, is fixed neatly onto a pet's collar and used to locate him or her with GPS tracking while an accelerometer tracks the dog's physical movement throughout the day

"Data gathered from the cellular chip in the Tagg can be read in simple, colourful bar charts and pie charts on a computer or mobile app on the go.

Tagg is, as it sounds, a small device that is clipped onto any collar and is water resistant for the most adventurous canines.

Sold as part of a Pet Tracker kit, it can also tell you where your dog is in real time and alert you if your dog gets lost.

While a docking station is positioned in the home, the Tagg device works with wireless GPS technology to keep on top of the dog's location around the clock."

I don't care so much about the exercise tracking, but I think this would be great if you let your dog run loose or if he tends to take off. Would you get one?

Community Leader
In reply to: CMEvelyn
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 12:21pm

I looked into something like this a while ago.  Unfortunately right now the cost was prohibitive; over $200.  If I could afford it, or if I can in the future, I would definitely get it.  Especially where I live if Cleo ever got lost we would have a terrible time trying to find her....lots of woods and unlit areas.

Laura