Feeling movement!!!

iVillage Member
Feeling movement!!!
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 6:36pm

I'm very excited because I finally have started feeling movement at 19 weeks.  I was very skeptical at first, but it has continued for the past 3-4 days, so I'm pretty safe in saying I'm feeling some kicks.  I didn't really get the butterfly feelings at all or the fluttering.  It feels like something poking from the inside.  DH is really excited as well, but nothing can be felt yet from the outside.   I can't wait until he's able to feel it as well and feel what's going on in there.  It's very reassuring to know that the baby is moving and kicking.  This is definitely my favorite part of pg!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 3:59pm
Awww the best part of pregnancy by far! That is actually one of the very few parts I MISS about being pregnant. :smileywink:
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:20pm
yep, mine felt like poking, too! such a strange feeling at the beginning, but it sounds like that's definitely what you're feeling!
for me, DH was able to feel some of the bigger kicks at around 18 weeks, but (just like everything) it varies from one person to the next. i think DH was able to feel movements on the outside so early because i'm on the small side (not a lot of padding to cover the belly movements!).
what an exciting time for you. before you know it, your DH will be falling asleep with his hand on your belly... love it when that happens!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:35am

How exciting for you!  I'm still not sure if what I'm feeling is baby movement or indegestion, but it's unlike any indegestion I've felt before so it must be movement.  Mine is a bit more fluttery - I can't wait to feel real jabs like you described!  Congrats on this milestone!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 8:20pm

Yay, I'm so excited for you. This is such an exciting time in pregnancy. It's cool/freaky for feel movement from the outside. I just started feeling it at 25 weeks. Last night he wasn't moving as much, so I poked my belly and he kicked me, so weird.

If you're 19 weeks, does that mean you find out what you're having next week?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers