I miss summer

Community Leader
I miss summer
Wed, 09-26-2012 - 11:06pm
I have to say that this past summer was probably one of the best ones I've had. There was stress (my sister...and mom), but I had far more fun than I can remember ever. Now I have to get up early, and work, and get told all about how I'm doing everything wrong and try to keep three boys from hitting each other and keep stuff graded and stay on top of who knows what and who needs retaught...and it goes on and on!

I miss summer!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 10:13pm

Fall is my favorite season as well. Can't take the heat anymore.

Community Leader
In reply to: shywon
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:14pm
Me too! The days when it's dark by 4:30 or 5, I don't get anything accomplished.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 6:56pm

I dread the change of time.  I hate getting out of work when it's already dark.  It just seems like so much later.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cfk_3
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:10pm
Even hearing the word politics makes me feel queasy.

I love the colors and the weather this time of year. The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the time change. I wish we could stay on the same schedule year 'round. I think there's a good reason why we Spring forward and Fall back . . . isn't it due to the farmer's or something?
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 7:24pm
I try to do schoolwork in the summer so my mind never really leaves work, plus it's less to do during the school year. However, it never fails that I'll do hours and hours of work, only to be told what I've done isn't what we're doing anymore and the work is worthless. That's the battle I'm fighting right now. It does get boring sometimes, and I get depressed when I don't have a purpose. I don't mind going back to school. It's the getting up early and grading and politics I don't like!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 6:49pm

I love this time of year!  It's my favorite.  Spring is too wet, Summer is too hot, Winter is too unpredictable.

Of course, if I was a teacher I would probably feel the same as you do!

It sounds like a whole heck of a lot of work piled into short few weeks.   Thank Goodness there are folks like you who can manage it all.  

Best 'o luck sistah!!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:13pm

I was thinking about this when I was on my one week vacation this summer which was really 10 days in a row off work since it ended with Labor Day weekend.  It was really hard to want to go back to work and I was thinking how do teachers do it after 2 months off?  I do have some teacher friends who really love their jobs & look forward to going back but still it would be hard to get back into the groove.  Of course if I didn't hate my job it might be better.