Lost of my partner

iVillage Member
Lost of my partner
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:10am

I am from Calgary AB.  My name is Jenny.  I am 36 years old.  I recently lost my partner, Kevin to suicide.  He is only 32 years old.  I am still suffering from grief.  I will be at the funeral on Thursday.  We have been living in the same apartment for 21 months.  We know each other for over 2 years.  We had been in a very good relationship and also have been intimated. 

I know he had been going though a lot of problem with looking for work.  I had been there too but I didn't ended committed suicide at all.  Now, I am fine and I got a good job. 

I am always there for him and there is no reason he should end up committed suicide.  I miss him so much.  People at work know that I lost my partner to suicide.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 4:42am

Hi Jenny:  I am sorry for your loss.

I lost my husband suddenly in a traffic accident and life is sure unfair as we had so many plans for the future that was destroyed with him.

I have struggled with mental health issues myself and anytime I considered suicide it was because I was in so much pain, I couldn't imagine it getting any better and saw suicide as an answer to my pain.  I read somewhere it is a short term answer to a long term problem.   Any time I considered it, it wasn't because my husband didn't love me or we didn't have a good relationship, just the immediate pain of life was more than I could endure.

I hope you get some counseling or find a local group of others who lost a loved one through suicide as it might help to have like minded people to grieve with.

take care, Josie

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 6:33am

Hey,

I am real sorry for your loss. I understand how you must be feeling though it was my brother and also a close friend, that I lost to suicide. I have also been that path myself though obviously unsuccessfully. It can be real hard to work out why our loved ones go this pathway and we also seek answers to that question.  The truth is , there are no answers. Sometimes it feels like it is the only way out of a situation that we have gone way passed being able to cope with. We think it is ther perfect answer to the situation and that by doing so we will prevent our loved ones suffering any more hurt. Unfortunately we don't realize the pain and grief we inflict. I learned that the hard way but at least had a second chance.

In a way it is good people know that you have suffered a loss to suicide so that it might avoid questions from the curious. I hope they treat you with compassion and understanding. I know you will have that here. We all understand the pain of loss and will offer you what support and comfort we can.

Love

Promise

Community Leader
Sun, 09-30-2012 - 1:50pm

~hugs~

I lost my partner to suicide ten years ago this month.

So sorry sweetie for your Loss.

There is nothing hon you could have done.

You may never get answers to "Why"?

It's understandable that  you miss him.

I miss my partner still and so do my children.

So glad that people at work know of your Loss.

<3

Nightangel