anyone else can't eat a lot but not sick either

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
anyone else can't eat a lot but not sick either
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 2:53am

At meal times I feel like I want to eat nowadays and get all into my food when I prepare it but then after only a few bites I'm not into it anymore.  I actually am starting to feel full with my toddler's size portions and if I go beyond this, I'll start to feel a bit queasy.  Don't remember feeling like this especially this early with the other pregnancies.  Anyone else? 

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:25am

Unfortunately, I'm no help on this situation, but I can' seem to figure out the right portions either.  If I eat too little, I'm nauseous because I'm hungry and if I eat too much I'm nauseous because I'm too full......i can never seem to find that "right amount" :smileysad:  I agree that it seems early to be having the full feeling after eating so little, but perhaps those things change with the number of pregnancies you've gone through?!?!!?  Each one is different, right?

I hope you find relief soon and are able to start enjoying your food!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 1:58pm
I'm in the same boat with you. I feel like I can barely eat anything before I start feeling queasy. I eat less than my 7 year old daughter does now at mealtime. it's definitely odd. this is even while taking my Zofran for nausea.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:27pm
I am certainly eating smaller portions more often. It has been that way with each pregnancy too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:02pm
I am the same. I might not even be nauseated at the time I will be so hungry. But I will eat basically like a packet of oatmeal and a piece of toast. Then I might go half the day before eating again. When I eat then it is usually half the size of someone's normal portion. Last night SO was at work from noon to midnight, or 12 hours. I was beat so I went to McD's which is something I rarely do. I got a small fry and ate just that couldn't eat the kids sized cheeseburger with no onions or pickles... I had maybe a bite or two. Gave the rest to my Shih Tzu who was eagerly waiting her treat. I know I am horrible I feed my begging dogs but lol... I couldn't eat it. When SO got home I was hungry again and he grabbed me one of those peach fruit cups and a sandwich but I ate just a few bites. I am eating like 1000 calories a day it is getting worrying. I don't look pregnant!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:02pm
My 6 year old is eating more than me =( I know how you feel. I have 8mg of zofran pills... I take em throughout the day to keep the food down. But I still have no real drive to eat I try and I just fail =(
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-29-2012 - 8:41am
I felt like that with all 3 of my DS pregnancies and I feel that way now too. I eat like 5-7 small meals/snacks a day and it keeps me from getting too full and nauseous :-)
Pregnancy%20ticker