*%*%*% QOTD THURSDAY %*%*%*

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
*%*%*% QOTD THURSDAY %*%*%*
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 7:56am

Any hints of Fall in your area?

fall20scene20pa2011-07.jpg

Do you have a local pumpkin patch you visit every year?

pumpkin.jpg

When do you start shopping for fall decorations or seasonal foods?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 9:20am

Some of the leaves have just started to turn.  The weather has changed and you  can feel "fall in the air".

No particular pumpkin patch but there are several local apple orchards I like to go to.  In fact I plan on taking my Dad to one this Saturday.  Apple cider, fresh picked Macoun apples, apple fritters - mmmmmm!

September

photo RainyDay_zpsece18f80.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:26am

We've been below average on temps here.  It feels like Fall.  The leaves started to change and in a few weeks we should have bright colors.

No.  But I do want to go to get pumpkins this weekend. 

September

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:29am

There are a few trees here and there that are starting to turn red & orange.  In fact, just yesterday, I told Amber that the tree we see when we leave her in-laws every day was gonna be really pretty in a week or so.  I wanted to take a pic but the traffic was clear for me to turn and there was a car behind me.

We go to Uncle John's Cider Mill in St. Johns, Michigan (about 45 minutes away) but there is a pumpkin patch there too.  I don't buy my pumpkins there though... they charge by weight... and the first year I about choked when they told me the final price!  I get my pumpkins at Walmart for a lot cheaper... lol.  I do buy loads of apples and other goodies there though.  Here's the link to their website...

http://ujcidermill.com/index.htm

site-fall12.jpg

Amber, Ash, Luke, Presley & I are planning to go next Friday night after work (it's Ashleigh's early night so me & Amber might get out a little early too).  Nick works 2nd shift and my hubby will be out of town with his co-workers playing paintball so it's just us girls & Luke.  I can't wait... that drive out there is just beautiful!  And looking forward to getting me a mess of Honey Crisp!!

I will shop for fall decorations anytime of the year... especially if they're on clearance!  That is my favorite!  Seasonal food... I usually start when football starts... which is end of August, I think.

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 7:07am

Hints of fall?   No, not really.   My garden is still producing, flowers still blooming, and the leaves are still green.   I'll get depressed when that changes.

Pumpkin patch we visit every year?   No.   We went last Saturday to an orchard, but it had been years since I had taken the kids to one.

Shop for fall decorations or foods?   I don't decorate at all.   I do cook for the seasons some.   I haven't made one of my "cold weather" dishes yet.   That's veggie soup or chili.  

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:24pm

Not yet ! 

Yes we do- not far from our house.  Gonna get a pic with all three girls and the grands ! Molly took Kyns and Casey took Chase already ... 

I shop after the holiday- Got all my decorations out last week end ! Love my 'new' stuff!

Seasonal food ? Soups, chili, stews have started !  Cider and doughnuts soon ...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 11:44pm

The first hint of fall is I get depressed.  I hate fall and winter.  If we didn't have the Christmas season in the middle of it, I could  be a bear and never get out of bed.

It is still blazing hot here.  We don't get fall color.  The trees just drop brown leaves because of the drought.  The bushes have brown, dead, crispy edges, too.

I've put out my wreath of fake autumn leaves and my brownish fake Mum plant.  Monday I will get out the fake bat and the green witch face to hang on the door.  I usually buy a pie pumpkin and draw a face on it with permanent marker, and if it doesn't rot by November, I cook it and make pie or pumpkin bread.

Grandson playing football.  I don't understand football.  Never learned.  Lived with my mother and went to an all-girls school, so it was never a part of my life.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy with a high of 70.  I'm going to try making beef in beer in the crock pot.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 11:51am

When I went to pick up my mom on Friday, I noticed a really pretty tree at the beginning of her street behind a doctor's office.  So, on the way back (my mom lives in the last house on a dead-end street too) I told my mom I wanted to stop and take a picture of that tree... here it is:

tree by mom's.jpg

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 2:02pm

There is a colorful leaf here and there now.   But mainly just green still.   I took this picture over the weekend while running.   This is my running track when I am at the ballpark.   You can sort of see my second home there to the left of the picture.

Just green.   That's how I like it.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 10:28am
@Tracy, there's nothing I love more than when the trees meet over the top of the road or path. To me that would be like running through heaven.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:16pm
I agree Evelyn! I love the southern homes with the weeping willows that lead up the driveway. They are gorgeous!

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

Pages