When did you.....

Community Leader
When did you.....
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:25am

become a cat person?

For me, I have had cats since I moved out of my parents house - my brother had been allowed to get a kitten while I was in college (cause I have allergies and therefore shouldn't have cats - whatever) and then I got another kitten a couple of years later to keep the first company. When I moved out, my parents brought both cats to me (dad isn't a cat person). It was nice to have company while living alone - but that didn't have to be walked at all hours.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:43am

Ever since I was born.  My parents had a sweet white medium hair cat w/a black tail & ears called Holly.  They got her a few years before my older sister was born.  She was a sweet heart, but passed away at 14 when I was 8 years old.  We got another cat a month or two later, & then a couple more after that.   My mom decided that she needed two cats at one time after Holly passed, & then eventutally three.  

I moved out of the house to go live in the dorms at college for two years catless.  I went home usually twice a month though, & lived there in the summer.  Then my third year of college I moved in w/my boyfriend at the time & his most wonderful amazing sweet Persian, Spice.  A year later, we adopted miss Mia. After I broke up w/that boyfriend, I still kept Spice until he passed away a few years ago at almost 12.  

Anyway, to sum it up, I've always been a cat person & always will want cats around. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 8:47am
Spice was six when I started living w/him, so I got five years with the little guy.
Community Leader
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:16am

All of my life.  My parents had a cat before I was born, then we got a Meezer when I was a kid. I have had cats all my life except for the first 2 or 3 months we were married.  We couldn't afford the deposit to have a cat at our apartment, but we snuck one in anyway.  We were able to buy our first house about a year after that and got another cat.  Ever since I have always had at least 2 cats.  I can't imagine life without them. :cathappy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:59am
We have had cats all my life. I cant imagine not having cats. And when my parents got divorced, in the 3rd grade or so, my mom has always had at least 2 cats. Right now we sadly just have one and honestly I miss that second cat. We have just always had 2. We are getting a kitten from a litter that my aunt is bottle feeding. The litter lost thier mommy and 2 of thier litter mates. So now there are 3. When the kitten is off the bottle, we are taking the only polydachtyl in the litter. I just like having 2!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:27am

When I was little (less than 7, I'm guessing, as baby brother wasn't there yet), Dad brought home an abused black kitten and that was it. ^Tux^ started me on the road to cat lady!

And it turns out I am allergic as well --- but not to MY cats! LOL

CL for "

Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:41am
That is wonderful - I am glad you got it from an early age. My niece is 8 and they have always had pets, so she is growing up the same way. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:42am
I have done that too....the last time I rented, it was a two cat limit and I had three. So I snuck Tigger in....with as shy as he was, I knew no one would ever see him but me. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:43am
I know some cats do really prefer living in their own space, but I think having more than one animal is wonderful. Yeah to your aunt for saving this family. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 8:44am
you learned from an original "cat guy". :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
Community Leader
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 9:59am

Bless your aunt's heart for saving the 3 kittens.  I hope you will post pictures of your new baby when you get him or her.

I think it's better to have two cats too.  Most of the time I think the cats are happier having another one around.

Photobucket

Pages