fastest OB appt ever

iVillage Member
fastest OB appt ever
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:27am

seriously i was scheduled to come in at 8:30 and i was home at 8:45. I didn't even have time to leave a urine sample. one of the nurses was out so the doc's wife was in helping. they had me in the u/s room and the doc was too lazy to get out the dopler so he just checked the heart beat real quick to the u/s. so it was a treat to see the most adorable 4 chambers in the whole world beating away! :smileyvery-happy: but i'm still measuring good, preasure good, there was no prob with the glucose test a couple of weeks ago so he just said 'see you in two weeks'.

oh he also said it was fine for me to get a flu shot when DH's office offers them for free and if the itchy scalp is really bothering me i'm welcome to take a benedryl. so YAY! i'm feeling great! with the boys i was soooo ready to be done at 35 weeks or so but i'm feeling like i could stretch this out to like 39 or something.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 7:05am
Sounds like a great appt. I'm 27 weeks 2 days days and my two week appts begin today
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 12:18pm

Wow! That was quick. But yayyyy for seeing your LO on ultrasound! :smileyvery-happy: I'm so glad things are going well, too. I really really hope they give me another ultrasound to check on my LO since I have GD now, but I have a feeling they won't. haha

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 11:43am

i'm 29 1/2 weeks but i'm not sure when every 2 week appts usually start up. with ds #3 my OB was out of town for a month before my 36 week appt and then i was 5cms dilated and being rushed in to deliver right away. and with ds #4 i was having pre-term labor symptoms at 28wks so it felt like i was seeing the OB all the time. not sure what normal is :smileyhappy: just glad that everything was fine today and that the doc is keeping an eye on anything that would change that.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-27-2012 - 10:41am
Yay for a lazy dr. LOL! Glad that you got to see LO. How far along are you now? I was wondering when the every 2 week appts started. I can't remember from my last-